Yup. Finally got one. The opportunity arose via a friend who works at Guitar Center. I have been looking at these for some time, tried out different kinds. The was no difference in anything between the Standard and Standard Plus except the finish. However, when I saw that 'Heritage Cherry Burst", oh yeah. I normally play a Jackson custom and there is a significant difference. Actually, it's downright amazing. The sound is and the way it plays is very solid. I can get a pretty good chug out of it on my heavier songs. Even Metallica and Sabbath sound pretty good on this. I haven't tried any GnR yet ;-). The big thing I like is that this is my first hard tail. All my guitars have FR's, so it's nice to have the ability of changing tunings on the fly. So here is:

Stock photo from Guitar Center website.

Photo from camera phone (sux doesn't it?) Guitar really does look like GC photo in real life.

Yesterday is History; Tomorrow is a Mystery; but Today is a Gift; That is why it is called The Present.
Last edited by wetrx95 at Nov 4, 2009,
HNGD!

I was planning on buying the same guitar, but I went with a G-400 SG in the end.

HNGD Those cell phone cameras really suck. LOL I rarely use mine. I know the guitar played several of them at GC and Daddy's. They are made well and play nice.

John
I'm saving for one of those, well.. a plaintop actually. I ain't paying 100 extra bucks for some flames.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Vox VT-20+

HNGD!

I used to have one of those in transparent amber. I still kick myself for selling it sometimes.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Awesomeness! Congrats on your new addition!

lol
your just posting this on every ngd over the past few days
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
HNGD!

Dude, believe me, getting a set of better pickups, a better nut, and a set of straplocks will be a VERY good investment.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by steve!
lol
your just posting this on every ngd over the past few days
Post count seems important to her
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
i have the same guitar. they play really great for the price. i may get another one but diff pups sometime because they play so great! HNGD!
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Hngd, and yeah they really don't play half shoddy at all. Mate of mine has one, it's pretty swag.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Is my album list pointing a gun or a penis to your head saying buddy this thing is going to unload if you don't listen to the whole damn clip??
I sat down and actually spent some time with one of these the other day and it played much better than I thought it would. The pickups were very weak though, i suggest swapping them when you get a shot. Other than that it seemed like a very solid guitar and the pup swap is a very easy switch.

HNGD! Enjoy!
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
HNGD!

I've got the same one, but it's full on Ebony finish. I agree with the guy above, swap out the pups cuz the stock ones are fairly poor. I'm sporting a JB/'59 combo right now, and lovin it.
Color isn't my taste, but HNGD none the less Personally I think the Epiphone Cherry Burst is really cheap looking. However, the trans Blue Burst.......well that's one of the sexiest finishes I've ever seen for an LP Standard
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Awesomeness! Congrats on your new addition!

Quote by SeeEmilyPlay
Nice pick! Congrats!

WTF?!

HNGD
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by oneblackened
HNGD!

Dude, believe me, getting a set of better pickups, a better nut, and a set of straplocks will be a VERY good investment.

+1
Then,you will have truly great guitar (unless this one turns out to be a dud).
Aslo,re-wire it.All the hardware is really where epiphone cheaps out,and your pick up switch WILL die.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.