I want to buy the vox ac4tv. So my question his would it be worthed to spend money for this little tube amp if, i play metal? I know, i have to get a EQ pedal, but what will be the best EQ pedal for this amp considering there's like millions of EQ pedals in the market lol ? give some advice like that i would go out and try them out, if it's sound my taste.

I play bedroom and whit a drummer only.

appreciated.
The Vox AC4 isn't voiced for metal, so I would advise against it. Even if you slapped dist. pedals in front of it you still might not be able to get that tone you want.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
The HT-5 is suppose to be better for metal ...

Though you might need more watts playing with a drummer unless there using rubber...

EQ pedals are expensive... It would be cheaper to get a better amp
Quote by icpgettozone
are you legit?
No, I'm a

COMMUNIST

Quote by Daneeka
It feels a little good inside to be fair, i feel like i rocked to hard that i killed my amp.

Very few low wattage tube amps are good for metal (a few exceptions)...they just aren't voiced for metal. The Krank Rev Jr is probably the only one that I'd recommend for metal...even the HT-5 would need a boost for modern metal.

However, I can get a good sludge metal tone out of my Night Train with a couple of boosts in front

Whats your budget?
Quote by eyebanez333
Very few low wattage tube amps are good for metal (a few exceptions)...they just aren't voiced for metal. The Krank Rev Jr is probably the only one that I'd recommend for metal...even the HT-5 would need a boost for modern metal.

However, I can get a good sludge metal tone out of my Night Train with a couple of boosts in front

Whats your budget?

thanks guys. well my budget his around 500 $ and i want use amp. I like the bugera 333 tone a lot but, some guys in my town they ask for to much especially they are very breakable. Some line6 spider valve 112 would be a good deal but, damn they ask 150 $ less from the new once, especially now that they swap it for the mkII. the Ht-5 sound good but still not available in my town. im still loking for a good deal, not easy to find a good high gain amp at that price though.
Quote by HellBoy9393
The Vox AC4 isn't voiced for metal, so I would advise against it. Even if you slapped dist. pedals in front of it you still might not be able to get that tone you want.

i thought so too, i guess i will forget it and wait for a better amp that doesn't need a pedal in front.
Quote by fabsi
i thought so too, i guess i will forget it and save up more money and wait for a better amp that doesn't need a pedal in front.

Most lower budget tube amps will need a pedal to do metal so don't wait for something to come to you.

What is your budget? What is the used amp market like where you live? Would you consider a solid state or hybrid amp as well? What kind of metal do you play? When you say bedroom and drummer do you mean your drummer friend has a drum kit in your bedroom and you guys jam - or you go somewhere else and practice?
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Most lower budget tube amps will need a pedal to do metal so don't wait for something to come to you.

What is your budget? What is the used amp market like where you live? Would you consider a solid state or hybrid amp as well? What kind of metal do you play? When you say bedroom and drummer do you mean your drummer friend has a drum kit in your bedroom and you guys jam - or you go somewhere else and practice?

I said before 500$, but i don't really have a budget though, i just don't want to spend to much money for a amp that i will only use in my room for practice and at my friends garage while his drumming though, but i still want a decent distortion sound and im trying to find one that will suit me enough for my taste. i play Metallica, iron maiden , preist and megadeth. I have been playing for 3 years now, i need a upgrade bc now i play whit a drummer and my marshall MG his terrible and a roland cube not enough loud. need more wattage. You have some suggestions ?

im from montreal, Canada
Line 6 Flextone III ?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Quote by Slicer666
Line 6 Flextone III ?

love it too, 1000$ here. my best bet his a line 6 spider valve but, since they upgraded to MKII, i rather wait for feedback about it.
Sorry, I missed your budget number earlier.

What about a used Flextone II or something? Used Peavey tube amp? I scanned your local craigslist real quick and saw some Transtube amps, Traynors and an Ampeg J20. I'm not saying those are perfect for you but it is a start.

I'd take a look at the Vypyr 60 too, not the other ones. Or save up a bit more and get the new 6505+ 112 combo.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

What about a used Flextone II or something? Used Peavey tube amp? I scanned your local craigslist real quick and saw some Transtube amps, Traynors and an Ampeg J20. I'm not saying those are perfect for you but it is a start.

I'd take a look at the Vypyr 60 too, not the other ones. Or save up a bit more and get the new 6505+ 112 combo.

Yep, used is the way to go.

EDIT: Your craigslist, after a quick scan, doesn't have too much stuff on it thats interesting eh?

Oh and the tube peavey vypyr 60 watt, try that (get it the footswitch at a later point if you can't work out a deal)
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

the 6505 looks very interesting. Now, i need to see witch one have the best tone for me in between the spider valve or the 6505.
Quote by Slicer666
Yep, used is the way to go.

EDIT: Your craigslist, after a quick scan, doesn't have too much stuff on it thats interesting eh?

Oh and the tube peavey vypyr 60 watt, try that (get it the footswitch at a later point if you can't work out a deal)

yeah very interesting lol, i guess here we buy cheaper amp lol. His the vypyr transtube?
They are completely different amps. The Spider Valve is a modeling amp that has all kinds of effects and presets built in. Once you get all your presets dialed in it can have some nice tones for sure.

The 6505 112 combo is just now starting to ship so it may be awhile before you actually see one live. It is a strait up metal chugging machine that should suite your playing style well but won't do those liquid cleans you hear on say Master of Puppets for example.
i was wondering if someone would like to give there opinion on this. Im going to try a. Randall RG100SC Combo( 350$), line 6 flextone 2 XL( 350$) combo and bugera 333 combo( 500$). should i wait that the guy from bugera lower a bit more his price before buy the flextone or the randall both has FS included ?