I'm not a massive man of Jazz/bluesy playing, but I am a fan of Godin's new archtop. D'you think it could take the place of a solid top in casual indie/rock acoustic playing?

Cheers..
i was looking at the godin pretty heavily too, but decided on my seagull. i absolutely love the shape and styling, but the drop in volume from an archtop held me back. i never got to play one, but i could find seagulls in the area, so that sold me.

i still want one though! maybe whenever they start popping up used on ebay i'll try to grab one.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
To be honest, volume isn't a huge, huge issue; I play my electric unamplified at uni, and the volume is more than enough, so I'm sure I can take the hit.

I'm sure I can deal with the thicker strings, it's just the overall sound that I'm concerned with.

I know Jeff Mangum of Neutral Milk Hotel plays an archtop, and he gets some amazing sounds, so it looks promising..
Last edited by undecisive at Jan 8, 2010,
Quote by obeythepenguin
Get it! I've been curious a while about it myself, so you can tell me how it is

I reckon I probably will.

I suppose without flat-wounds It'll respond pretty well to some indie-ish stuff!
Bumped for those interested;

Had it for a few days now, and yeah, everything I expected and more. Superb craftsmanship.

Fits my playing style to a t. Indie songs come of nicely, and chords are bright. Hell, the thing's actually really loud!

5 stars all the way.
very cool... lets see pictures! i love these guitars.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I apologise for bumping this old topic, but I figured it's better than opening a new one with a similar question .

So if I understand this topic correctly the Godin 5th Avenue is suitable to play songs like let's say: Wish you were here (Pink Floyd), Knocking on heavens door (Dylan), Imagine (Lennon)... songs I usually play on my dreadnought?

I was wondering about the P90 pickup in the Kingpin version, can I use that one to get a suitable rock or folk tone (to play the mentioned songs above)? I've checked a lot of Youtube videos, but they all sound typically Jazz or Blues (nothing wrong with that, but just like the TS I'm not looking for that kind of tone).
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right

Acoustic: Ovation Std Balladeer 1771-AX5
Electric: Godin Detour - Roland Cube 20X