For my Birthday, my parents bought me a ESP LTD H-300, and last year they bought me a Fender Stop drreaming, start playing pack. I still only have the amp that came with the pack, a Fender Squire amp, which really sucks. My friend is going sell me his Crate amp. Im not sure that model/make, but he is selling it to me for 40 dollars. Its not a HUGE amp, but its better than what i have now. Im not yet in a band, but will be soon. Is this a good buy? Or can one of you huys help me with a amp i could/should buy thats not insaely expensive. But i play ALOT of different types of music from Nirvana, Metallica, Kansas, to Lamb of God.
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks guys!
* note: i have a DOD death effect distortion pedal. thats it. gunna buy a Boss chorus pedal soon tho.
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
DOD Death Medal Distortion pedal
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
Quote by Bingt
Maybe a modelling amp, Roland Cube 30x?

60D if you could manage, it's loud enough

Is the Roland amp good cause i played it once on a shitty guitar and i didnt like it too much, but it was a bad ibanez guitar.
Plus i dont wanna pay a bunch of monay. im not cheap, just jobless
and just cheap. if it sounds OK i dont mind.
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
Last edited by donisthatcool at Nov 4, 2009,
budget please.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
within 120 AD. (american dollars. lol)
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
Roland Cube/Peavey Vypyr(I havent really played/spent enough time on a vypyr but it gets recommended a lot...)
And that Death Metal pedal sounds like shit(I hate to break it to you, sorry), it'll be cool if you get rid of it and buy a new pedal like something from AMT/Tech21 or better still, put that money into the amp as well.
Modelling amp is best for that variety of styles. I recommend the 30-50 watt Peavey Vypyr. Or a good clean amp with a pedal like a Dirty Bomb.
Yeah +1 on the Dirty Bomb...but IF and ONLY IF you have a good sounding clean amp...through MGs and Spiders it sounds quite bad, very lifeless tone, lacks fullness/bite/basically everything a good tone is supposed to have.
It sounds good through my LB, though lacks a bit of bass thanks to the small speaker.

http://www.box.net/shared/mny3kgsvnj

Recording's not great but you get a good idea of the tone.

I couldn't get it to work with my AD30VT even though that's meant to be good with pedals. Thinking of selling it for an AC4 as the Dirty Bomb stacks well with the gain on my Lunchbox.
Last edited by GURREN LAGANN at Nov 5, 2009,
Alright fellas. thanks for the help! Im going to buy a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt. read a ton of great reviews and stuff. thanks!!
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*