If anyone is from there, they're now my buddy.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Awesome, hopefully Ohio follows them.
To atone a sin I didn't care for, but a sin that paid my debts
A sin that fed my children and burned my smiles and cigarettes
Quote by Kensai
If anyone is from there, they're now my buddy.

Yes ind(w)eed.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112
Yes ind(w)eed.

Oh, high there, is this the pun train?
Currently Looking For:
NES: Zelda (Gold Cart), Metroid, Ninja Turtles Series
N64: Mario 64, Majora's Mask, Harvest Moon
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Oh, high there, is this the pun train?

Yes, it is. Oh, but there's no bathroom on this train, the pot is out of order.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Primus2112

Oh what a shame, I guess if you have to go you will have to leaf
Quote by Primus2112

Thanks for the info, bud.
hello
Quote by Primus2112

There's a café on it though, right? I need to munch(ie) on something.
Quote by Kensai
There's a café on it though, right? I need to munch(ie) on something.

Bing bong, this is the final call for the train to Punland.
hello
Quote by opc100
Bing bong, this is the final call for the train to Punland.

Well, hookah me up!
It's still illegal because it's against national law. National law trumps state or city laws.

Fail law is fail.
federal law yes, but obama admin has stopped enforcing them.
i LOVE taylor swift...oyes in a creepy way
It's not legalized, just decriminalized for a certain amount in possession. If you go over the amount, you'll be criminalized. California has done this, and some other places. Colorado is the latest state to do it, and I hope Georgia will follow suit.

I doubt pot will ever be legal, in the true sense. It'll just be decriminalized because the government is growing tired of enforcing it when they know they're losing. So instead of completely changing the law, they decide to just decriminalize it as an excuse to ignore the law.

EDIT: by decriminalizing, they make both parties happy. For the people who don't want it legalized, if someone goes over the amount legally in possession, they're criminalized, if you stay in the possession amount, you're not. Keeps both parties at bay, instead of having one going over the other.
Last edited by FallsDownStairs at Nov 4, 2009,
^ in other words only carry a small amount and keep your master stash at home.

im glad to see this, hopefully the rest of the US will sensibly follow suit in decriminalization. i don't think they will but i have my fingers crossed.
If you're gonna leagalize it, you better legalize blood tests for job applicants. I work on aircraft, and I don't want some stoner fixing a jet engine on an aircraft carrying 200+ people. Do you want to ride on that plane? "nah man, it's cool, it's tight enough to hold....lets go light one up...."
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by FallsDownStairs
It's not legalized, just decriminalized for a certain amount in possession. If you go over the amount, you'll be criminalized. California has done this, and some other places. Colorado is the latest state to do it, and I hope Georgia will follow suit.

I doubt pot will ever be legal, in the true sense. It'll just be decriminalized because the government is growing tired of enforcing it when they know they're losing. So instead of completely changing the law, they decide to just decriminalize it as an excuse to ignore the law.

EDIT: by decriminalizing, they make both parties happy. For the people who don't want it legalized, if someone goes over the amount legally in possession, they're criminalized, if you stay in the possession amount, you're not. Keeps both parties at bay, instead of having one going over the other.

In Massachusetts, there's a 100 dollar fine on the spot and it is decriminalized. Here, there is no fine at all, possession is 100% legal.

Quote by bkmurff
If you're gonna leagalize it, you better legalize blood tests for job applicants. I work on aircraft, and I don't want some stoner fixing a jet engine on an aircraft carrying 200+ people. Do you want to ride on that plane? "nah man, it's cool, it's tight enough to hold....lets go light one up...."

That makes no sense, if my pilot goes home on the weekend and has a couple beers i don't care. If he does the same with weed, why is it our business?
Last edited by bendystraw at Nov 4, 2009,
I think it should be legalized world wide. But if by the time you're in your thirties suffering from a mental illness, and its proven cause is from drug abuse, the state should cast you out into a dark suburban town where you will be joining the other rotting bodies and brains of other druggies. In poor economical conditions.

In the end you'll die without medical treatment, because you took responsibility for yourself. The tax payer will not subsidies your medical treatment due to your foolish actions by smoking it it in the first place.

Good riddance.
Quote by bkmurff

He can do that already, there is no evidence to suggest that legalisation would increase usage significantly, and econ101 tells us that any increase in use would be offset by a decrease in alcohol and tobacco consumption as people still only have fixed discretionary expenditure. Plus he can be incompetent whether stoned or not. He could also be drunk. He could just be distracted by stuff at home.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Skiing AND weed?

That´s going to be hella expensive.
In Europe, everyone just goes to the Netherlands or smoke it anyway.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Colorada is about to become the coolest city in the US.

i dunno what Colorada is, but Colorado is not a city, at all
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by BrashPersona
I think it should be legalized world wide. But if by the time you're in your thirties suffering from a mental illness, and its proven cause is from drug abuse, the state should cast you out into a dark suburban town where you will be joining the other rotting bodies and brains of other druggies. In poor economical conditions.

In the end you'll die without medical treatment, because you took responsibility for yourself. The tax payer will not subsidies your medical treatment due to your foolish actions by smoking it it in the first place.

Good riddance.

I don't think you understand weed's effects on the brain from long term usage. And that last paragraph was irrelevant.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11949984?dopt=Abstract