Sooo... I just purchased a analog effect pedal and the first time I plug it in it sounds like it should. But after a few mins it starts to sound like crap, and suddenly I hear the RADIO coming through my amp. And again, after a few mins it goes back to normal..
What?!

Is this a phenomenon I don't know about? Or does it just happen certain people at certain locations? Is my pedal broke? My amp?

I'm totally confused, give me answers

P.S It's a overdrive btw, Tonerider AO-1
That can happen.

It happened with my analog wah that I owned briefly.

Try moving the pedal to a different outlet and as far away from the amp as you can. It could also be an overly microphonic preamp tube that needs to be replaced.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Nov 4, 2009,
Very common if you use a Cry Baby with a Strat. Almost any circuit can do it so time to re-check your grounding.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Well. Phew then. I thought the pedal was broken.. thanks guys appreciated!
Not just grounding, but pickup shielding as well.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
This used to happen to my Zakk Wylde wah pedal all the time. I got a power supply just for the wah (instead of using a daisy chain) and it fixed the problem for me
^another great idea!

Hey guys, he's got a Tonerider Overdrive pedal.

I think people saw my Crybaby comment and started talking about wahs. I ran my wah on a separate power adapter too. I do run 3 od type pedals on a 1Spot along with some other stuff and I do not get the radio, even with guitar cranked.

I'd check your preamp tubes and the other suggestions so far.