hey people.

im currently looking for what my next guitar will be and after getting my mtm2 im looking at getting another rg shaped guitar

i would basically like the same guitar but in white.

after searching the ibanez site and finding nothing i figured id ask y'all

so my questions are

1. do any of the rg series guitars have a painted neck?
2. are there any guitars similar to the mtm2 (reverse headstock, blank fretboard) but in white?

thanks for looking

Nath
paul gilbert pgm 300re

the only other reversed h/stock rg is a RGR421EXFM (both found on the ibanez site )
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by 2841981
hey people.

im currently looking for what my next guitar will be and after getting my mtm2 im looking at getting another rg shaped guitar

i would basically like the same guitar but in white.

after searching the ibanez site and finding nothing i figured id ask y'all

so my questions are

1. do any of the rg series guitars have a painted neck?
2. are there any guitars similar to the mtm2 (reverse headstock, blank fretboard) but in white?

thanks for looking

Nath

go for the J custom and i think they have a limited production in white color. saw it a couple of days ago on ebay.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
09 Ibanez 7 string UV custom
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Randall T2 HH all tube head
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
A more affordable option:

It's the RG2EX1 in white.

I believe it is discontinued now though, so you'll likely have to use evilBay or your local gumtree to get one.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Last edited by ch0 at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by ch0
A more affordable option:

It's the RG2EX1 in white.

I believe it is discontinued now though, so you'll likely have to use evilBay or your local gumtree to get one.

those are made in korea or indonesia right?

they don't have that good of a quality just like my 96 saber series.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by ibanezgod1973
paul gilbert pgm 300re

the only other reversed h/stock rg is a RGR421EXFM (both found on the ibanez site )

I have this one, love it

Not a blank fretboard or white though, only purple or red.
Quote by potatohead_33

funnily enough... yes that vid kind of sprung the idea lol. I saw that and thought, damn the rg shape looks nice in white. but i also like the idea of having a black guitar and a white guitar.

ch0

that RG2EX1 looks ideal, probably as close as i can get to what i want. ill have alook about

thanks for the help people

Nath
Quote by S4V10R_X
those are made in korea or indonesia right?

they don't have that good of a quality just like my 96 saber series.
You should probably change your user title bro...

The lower-end Ibanez stuff is still very successful against its competitors mainly in part to the build quality. I'd expect a "hardcore Ibanez supporter" to feel the same way.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
You should probably change your user title bro...

The lower-end Ibanez stuff is still very successful against its competitors mainly in part to the build quality. I'd expect a "hardcore Ibanez supporter" to feel the same way.

ouchie!!

lol...well if you want to make a low end comparison of Ibanez guitar with fender, epiphone, jackson and dean, i'll take Ibanez at anytime. I'm just saying the quality of the low end ibanez guitar that is made in japan and made from other countries make a lot of difference.
My Guitar and gear:
09 Ibanez S prestige
09 Ibanez RG prestige
09 Ibanez Egen18
Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
digitec rp1000
Vox Ac30 all tube heads
Randall RS412XL cabs
Quote by S4V10R_X
ouchie!!

lol...well if you want to make a low end comparison of Ibanez guitar with fender, epiphone, jackson and dean, i'll take Ibanez at anytime. I'm just saying the quality of the low end ibanez guitar that is made in japan and made from other countries make a lot of difference.

Yea, that why the cost is so different as well.

I have an Indo Ibby and it is great, quality is really good...not prestige good but good.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ