Page 1 of 4
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8342056.stm

The play sounds like it would be great. I guess if the show organizers didn't mean any offence then it's alright. Maybe if they said ''he's Christian so he's transsexual'' it would have been a bit more offensive.

Out of curiosity, are any moderate Christians on here offended?

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
cheap way to get publicity by trying to offend ppl
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by ctb
Best thread title ever.

I work with the material i'm given.

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
I'm a Christian.
I wouldn't say i'm offended, but I would say it kinda makes a mockery out of it. Which admittedly, isn't something I enjoy listening to.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
They're just doing it for publicity, without the controversy around it the play probably wouldn't do too well.
"You can't blaspheme God and use freedom of speech as an excuse for that."

Sounds a bit like "You can't eat food and say you're hungry as an excuse for that."
Quote by Vauxite
I'm a Christian.
I wouldn't say i'm offended, but I would say it kinda makes a mockery out of it. Which admittedly, isn't something I enjoy listening to.

yeah somehow this thing

im not at all offended because its not adressed to me, but it's an insult still
Quote by Vauxite
I'm a Christian.

same here, pretty much
ಠ_ಠ

To the offended part...maybe a little. But I find this pic hilarious, so...

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by aaronni
They're just doing it for publicity, without the controversy around it the play probably wouldn't do too well.

A play showing a religious icon as a transsexual? I'd see it, except it's on the other side of the country.
I would never have heard of it if it wasn't for the news story though.

Quote by Spoonman69
Quote by aaronni

+1

Be gay if you want, but don't do stuff that would offend christians and cry foul when they do it back.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Trust you to find this shit hugh!

xD

Also: I would LOVE to se this.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

If they want attention they should have just had a play with Mohammed as a transsexual
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
This raises an important question, are there any transsexual Christians?

Quote by Spoonman69
Quote by barden1069
If they want attention they should have just had a play with Mohammed as a transsexual

That would certainly be a box office blast...

/Shallow stereotyping

I'm not a christian, but if I was I probably wouldn't be offended. It's just humour.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by hugh20
This raises an important question, are there any transsexual Christians?

Why wouldn't there be? Plus it's in the article itself...

Glasgay! producer Steven Thomson said: "Jesus Queen of Heaven is a literary work of fiction exploring the artist's own personal journey of faith as a transgendered person.

EDIT: Re-reading that I realise that it doesn't say he's a christian.
Last edited by aaronni at Nov 4, 2009,
It doesn't offend me.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I'm not offended. I just think it looks stupid...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Why would anyone be offended? What's wrong with being a transsexual?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Vauxite
I'm a Christian.

But were you offended when getting buggered by catholic priests?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Why would anyone be offended? What's wrong with being a transsexual?

Are you admitting something here?
Quote by BrashPersona

Are you admitting something here?

You're like, the least pleasant person ever...
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
You're like, the least pleasant person ever...

The clue's in his username

I'm not Christian and I don't really understand why it would be considered offensive. I don't see how someone's gender or sexuality is really an issue - doesn't change Jesus' message to humanity, does it?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
nah...

if Jesus was anything he was just a normal human who happened to be an extremely cool dude
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
But were you offended when getting buggered by catholic priests?

I have nothing to do with catholic preists.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by hugh20
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8342056.stm

The play sounds like it would be great. I guess if the show organizers didn't mean any offence then it's alright. Maybe if they said ''he's Christian so he's transsexual'' it would have been a bit more offensive.

Out of curiosity, are any moderate Christians on here offended
?

I am a little bit, but I'm not the type to tell people it's wrong. If they don't want to believe what I do and they want to mock it, as long as it doesn't interfere with me and what I do then I have no right to judge or try and stop them.
What's all this ruckus about!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-NOZU2iPA8
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by sglover34479
I am a little bit, but I'm not the type to tell people it's wrong. If they don't want to believe what I do and they want to mock it, as long as it doesn't interfere with me and what I do then I have no right to judge or try and stop them.

K just to clarify, in what way is this either mocking or not believing the same thing you do? They're not saying they don't believe in Jesus/Christianity, they're not trying to claim that Jesus really WAS transsexual, and if the fact that they depict him as transsexual is offensive to someone then that's pretty much saying that either transsexual people are inferior, or women are inferior, neither of which is true.

Not having a go, just wondering how it can possibly be seen as offensive

People need to lighten up a little and enjoy it for what it is; a piece of art.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
If theatre didn't suck I'd consider watching it.
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
Quote by esther_mouse
K just to clarify, in what way is this either mocking or not believing the same thing you do? They're not saying they don't believe in Jesus/Christianity, they're not trying to claim that Jesus really WAS transsexual, and if the fact that they depict him as transsexual is offensive to someone then that's pretty much saying that either transsexual people are inferior, or women are inferior, neither of which is true.

Not having a go, just wondering how it can possibly be seen as offensive

People need to lighten up a little and enjoy it for what it is; a piece of art.

According to the bible jesus never sinned = no sex. He wouldn't have been an anything-sexual. Inferring he was would mean he had sinned and is just as bad as the rest of humanity. I'm not saying I'm outraged or anything, I just don't find it funny when my god is made fun of, but if you like it then w/e
Quote by Vauxite
I'm a Christian.

This is how I feel. It doesn't affect me at all, but it's clearly a publicity stunt at the expense of Christianity.
Chinese Democracy is a great album, people need to get over Slash.

Proud fan of Pop, Rap, Rock, and Metal.
Quote by sglover34479
According to the bible jesus never sinned = no sex. He wouldn't have been an anything-sexual. Inferring he was would mean he had sinned and is just as bad as the rest of humanity. I'm not saying I'm outraged or anything, I just don't find it funny when my god is made fun of, but if you like it then w/e

Sex is not a sin. Sex outside of marriage is.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by sglover34479

Being transsexual doesn't mean the person has had sex, though? It just means they're in the wrong body. So it's not saying that he has sinned, if you believe it to be sin. They've just portrayed him as changing sex to illustrate the playwright's own journey of faith as a transsexual. I don't see that it's making fun of anyone's god or God or anything, if anything it's trying to allow people in the LGBT community to feel closer to their religion. Not really harmful to anyone.
<//////>~ dA
Quote by esther_mouse
Being transsexual doesn't mean the person has had sex, though? It just means they're in the wrong body. So it's not saying that he has sinned, if you believe it to be sin. They've just portrayed him as changing sex to illustrate the playwright's own journey of faith as a transsexual. I don't see that it's making fun of anyone's god or God or anything, if anything it's trying to allow people in the LGBT community to feel closer to their religion. Not really harmful to anyone.

..I'm not gonna open that can of worms, at least not when my laptop battery is this low
Page 1 of 4