Well you might know a thing or two about my liking of Tom Araya (Slayer) and with the new album World painted blood, I might disregard my plans of saving for a new amp and getting a LTD bass, in the same shape that he uses..

I love that shape, but I'm short on funds. Oviously I'm gonna save, but here is where you help out. What LTD model comes in this shape and is relatively cheap? I swear I saw one in a bass back, but I can't for the love of me remember where I found it. Anyone know? Its like a beginner LTD bass pack, with a bass in the typical style above, but in a pack, with amp. If you can't find that, then a relatively cheap one on its own.

Thanks, would do it myself, but I'm shitted down with coursework etc. plus revision for a GCSE, so yknow, I don't really have time to track anything down. Thanks

EDIT: Guys, I don't mean an actual Araya sig, just the shape. I saw a cheap
LTD pack with that shape
Last edited by Lollage123 at Nov 4, 2009,
That would be the f models.
http://www.espguitars.com/basses_f.html

Or if $550 USD is relatively cheap for you you can get the low-end Tom Araya model.
http://www.espguitars.com/basses_tom.html
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Last edited by Balmazer at Nov 4, 2009,
The F-104 is the cheapest, but the TA-200 (the cheapest Araya signature bass) goes for 599€. I don't think that's too expensive. Just look for the F series by ESP/LTD.
i see some differences with the body. it isn't tom's model. or the same body. close, but not quite.
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
The F-104 is like £266,I swear I saw a cheaper one in a pack for about £200/300..
Quote by Lollage123
The F-104 is like £266,I swear I saw a cheaper one in a pack for about £200/300..

The F-54 is the lowest model for the F's. And number correlates to quality and price for LTD/ESP.

The F-54 is $150 in the states.

Google is your friend.
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
His signature line is just a modified F-series bass. If you want his exact shape, go for his signature line. If you want what his signature shape was derived from, go for the F-series. The F-series can be much cheaper, too.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Not that I've ever seen. In your case, you may have to fork out for a separate bass and amp.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Y'know, if you look around, you could prolly find one of the better F models for a LOT cheaper than retail price (although not in the pack). I managed to get my F-404 model practically brand new for just $400, which usually goes at least $800.
Some Bass Gearage:
*Black ESP LTD F-404 Bass (w/ Tribal Inlays! )

*Ashdown MAG-600 Amp Head
*Ashdown ABM 410T Cab (4X10)
*Acoustic B115 Cab (1X15)
*Sansamp Bass DI
Quote by Lollage123

Thats a guitar not a bass.

And I love my F-5E. I recommend anyone who likes that body shape to look at either the f-5E or the F-4E first.
If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT.
-- Frank Zappa, The Real Frank Zappa Book