i've had an amp from a few years ago when i first tried to play guitar, and subsequebtly failed in getting into playing, now i'm getting into playing, i going mad as my tone is horrible, i've played with all the settings on the eq and on my boss ds-1 and it still sounds horrible. i've got a decent guitar going into and i'm using decent cables aswell, i know my playing is slightlt sloppy as i've only be playing since september. i am replacing the amp with a blackstar ht-5 when i get my money back as i had to buy my parents a freezer. what should i do i'm goi ng absolutly mad at my tone. any help is greatly appreciated.
Rubbish amp is your problem.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
a good eq can do a lot to your tone and they aren't that expensive.
the problem i've got is my younger brother is going to get the amp when i get my ht-5, and if i'm wanting to destroy it after playing for 2 months he will be the same not to far down the line
Quote by WtrPlyr
Maybe he won't notice it, and if he does it's his problem right

Sad but true.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i told him the amp was crap and it needs replacing immediatly and he will do it when he gets chappers ml-1, which he says is looking like january and at the moment i'm at the point of destroying the amp as i can't use it anymore as it's rubbish
Well do what you want with it, but get a new amp first. You WILL go crazy playing electric without an amp
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well do what you want with it, but get a new amp first. You WILL go crazy playing electric without an amp

i am going crazy and playing guitar is the only thing that seems to help me relax, and now my amp is sounding crap i can't improve just playing my ellectric accousticly, i've kind of stalled now i can't improve anymore and i'm not getting worse