Hey everyone, my name is Brandon Rea and I'm from Ontario, Canada. I'm 21 years old and love music. Not sure what you'll hear creeping through my "sound", but my influences are heavy Bob Dylan and Beatles, some more current rock and roll like Sam Roberts, the Strokes, and the Black Keys, and a lot slew of Big Joe Williams, Robert Johnson, Mississippi John Hurt, and other delta blues stuff.

This is one of the first and only songs I've ever written and been completely satisfied with, but I realize that is a flawed way of thinking and that there is always room to grow. This song isn't perfect, I'm just saying it is my best effort.

Excuse the poor camera quality and the dull strings. Anyways. Here y'go:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dW8iy17WZBs

Lyrics (also in sidebar):

there's some hazy fingers pointing, shaking and flicking, flashing out at me
and they're sawing lines through smoke screens, and curling up like fallen russet leaves

maybe i'll keep on cracking mirrors 'till i find an honest grain of sand or three
maybe i'll stop tripping over sundered ships if i crawl on my hands and knees

honesty, blues, digging at my soul,
tell me, is this my cue to fold?

there's plenty of sin to sift through before we get our hands wet,
we have to go deeper than the marrow but we've hardly even broken the skin yet
if you're shaking hands with skeletons then i'd say that we're just about set
if you're busy painting on faces, then there's still something left for you to get

honesty, blues, digging at my soul,
tell me, is this my cue to fold?

well I'll just have to keep on moving til I find someone who can hear these blues
yea i'll just put one foot forward til i find someone who can stand in my shoes
guess i'll just have to keep on moving, til i move out of these honesty blues

Any feedback would be great. Love and luck to all
nice voice...I like this song alot

5 stars

❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
I like the song, but to be honest, the title shouldn't Tripping Over Sundered Ships, but Honesty Blues or cue to fold, since that's your chorus.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Last edited by Pure_Morning at Nov 4, 2009,
When I watched the video I was surprised. I expected much darker music to accompany these lyrics

only change I would make would be "painting faces" rather than "painting on faces"
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Thanks for the feedback so far, guys.

Highway60Bob, that's always something I'm interested to hear about. It's so cool to me hearing different perceptions and visions for a song from different people.

Can I ask you to expand on why you thought it would be a dark song? Are these a few of my daemons creeping out subconsciously that I'm blind too, hmm... I'm 21, can I even have daemons yet?!
Last edited by macrea at Nov 4, 2009,
"there's plenty of sin to sift through before we get our hands wet,
we have to go deeper than the marrow but we've hardly even broken the skin yet"

wow.... this line is just amazing....

great job