hey people

basically ibanez dont make the rg i want so im considering getting a kit (if such a thing is exists). could someone link me to a reputable site that sells a variety of kits. ive looked on google but couldnt find anything to suit my needs.

so can anyone recommend any decent sites?

thanks for the help

Nath
you could try guitarfetish.com

they dont have RG kits, but they do offer RG bodies and necks, which are routed for the double locking trems they sell
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+
There is a place called diyguitarshop.co.uk over here, but they don't do RG bodies.

So you want to build an RG how you want, from parts yes?
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
you could try guitarfetish.com

cheers ill check that out now

Quote by Skeet UK
There is a place called diyguitarshop.co.uk over here, but they don't do RG bodies.

So you want to build an RG how you want, from parts yes?

yeah pretty much, ibanez dont make what i want so im looking for alternatives

cheers for the input ill check those sites now

Nath
byoguitar.com also has some pretty decent kits. I think they have an RG too, but I'm not positive.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.

this is basically what i want to achieve but ill block the trem.

so i was thinking, id get this http://store.guitarfetish.com/rstrerohhcob2.html but can anybody tell me about the quality? surely it cant be that good at such a cheap price?

then id buy all the gear id need for it

but i have thought of an alternative. do you guys think it would be a better/cheaper option to just buy an mtm2 (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c3432654754664) and get a professional to refinish it white?

any advice is appreciated before i drop money into this

cheers

Nath
You should buy that body and do everything yourself. Obviously its up to you, but it's a fun experience, and you can make everything exactly how you want it.
Quote by 2841981

this is basically what i want to achieve but ill block the trem.

so i was thinking, id get this http://store.guitarfetish.com/rstrerohhcob2.html but can anybody tell me about the quality? surely it cant be that good at such a cheap price?

then id buy all the gear id need for it

but i have thought of an alternative. do you guys think it would be a better/cheaper option to just buy an mtm2 (http://www.imagebam.com/image/c3432654754664) and get a professional to refinish it white?

any advice is appreciated before i drop money into this

cheers

Nath

You can probably get an RG body on ebay that has been dinged or chipped etc, repair it, paint it or have someone do it for you (though I doubt you will want a "Pro" to do it, once you find out what it costs.

As for the rest of the hardware, you could do far worse than look on WD Music and then let me know what you want...see my sig
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
On second thought, listen to the guy above me. That RG shaped body you linked to had horrible routing, atleast the used ones on ebay would have good routing and some even come with the back plates.
ebay

Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
Quote by Skeet UK
ebay

thanks man but i dont really like the jem monkey grip.

i had a look on ebay before and almost all of the results for "rg body" came up with jem bodies. i think i saw one H-H config rg body but it was going for about £165, i didnt think it would be so hard to find a H-H rg body

thanks for the heads up though dude

Cheers

Nath
byoguitars.com has a bunch of guitar kits including an RG.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
That GFS body is fine for the cash. If you can find a proper RG body, that'd be better, but the other one is good too.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.