Quote by CatharsisStudio
BLOCK LETTAR \m/

Were there any differences between the block letter amps and the signature ones??

And for the story: This is my first tube amp and the only tube amp I have ever owned (Just got a new higher paying job so that should change soon )

Got it for $450 off of craigslist and the tubes had only a couple of hours on them (Still using the same tubes as of now)

Raw, in your face is the only way I can describe it. UG really turned me on to tube amps and that's when I started experimenting with them. Haven't tried many, but the first time I tried one of these is when I bought it. Been lovin life ever since and now I can drown out my drummer no prob

I saw a post on here where they use the 666 settings. I've been doing that since it growls like a mofo on these settings and use my EQ to really tweak my tone.

Love this amp.
you use 666 settings?

congratulations. you are totally metal now.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by MetalHead916
Were there any differences between the block letter amps and the signature ones??

No, that's just a myth. The circuit remained exactly the same.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by psychokiller99
you use 666 settings?

congratulations. you are totally metal now.

Uhh okay?!? I thought I was totally metal when I was born with the claw raised screaming shit that nobody could understand. Oh well. Thanks for the useful response dude.

Thx Matt. I was doing research on it and found out the same thing.

We have a guy local that owns a biz called tubesonic. He has all kinds of tubes for me to swap out and try so I can find the sound I'm looking for. And he's a total audiophile so when I get the mulah, I figured I would go down there and try out some tubes to see if I can coax an even better sound out of this monster.
Quote by MetalHead916

We have a guy local that owns a biz called tubesonic. He has all kinds of tubes for me to swap out and try so I can find the sound I'm looking for. And he's a total audiophile so when I get the mulah, I figured I would go down there and try out some tubes to see if I can coax an even better sound out of this monster.

What do you have in there now?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
What do you have in there now?

Good question

Not sure. I know they are ruby tubes, but not sure which kind. I've just been using them as is. Still kind of a tube noob ya know. I know there's preamp tubes and power amp tubes, but don't know which ones are the ruby's. I've been meaning to get around taking the amp apart and checking it out.

I moved into a "nicer" neighborhood so play time is getting slimmer with this beast at higher volumes. Lately I've just been playing out of my vox pathfinder going through a quadraverb gt. Been pushing away from metal lately and focusing more on my cleans. Bluesy stuff just seems much more interesting to play at this point in my life...