Whats up UG. i was wondering, is there a site were you can send in guitar solos for contest? If not i though it would be cool if there was a site were you sign up in guitar solo contest and there would be a winner each week and there would be different categories to sign up in like rock,blues,metal, etc.
guitar world ran a similar contest a lil while ago, plus Guitar Center has the King of the Blues contest every year, but a sight that is entirely devoted to such an act would be pretty awesome, would their be a dev team to judge or fan based judging?
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
How would you fund such site.
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
what if it had both?
like judges decide on one and people decide on one and based on that determine a winner
and if its a tie then it'll be time for round 2
haha i suppose that works but fan-based judging has a better review point but it also tends to be a bit more biased. similar to a BotB aspect where the snooty rich kid can come in and get everyone an their mom to log on and vote for him regardless of how good he is, yes if you leave it to a panel of judges, that leaves more room for "unfair results"...you cant win in that aspect.
Gear:
Epiphone Viola Bass
Gibson SG Standard
Fender Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 Spider 2 150 watt
Line 6 POD Xt Live
Ibanez Ts-9 Tubescreamer
Quote by Nexium
How would you fund such site.

You dont know much about the internet do you? Advertising.
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
this actually sound like a good idea

from the pit aswell :|
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
There was actually a board which had a pretty large guitar battle forum, but I've only been to it once and don't remember the name.

If I found it, would it be legal to post a link here?

*EDITED THEM OUT*
Last edited by sashki at Nov 4, 2009,
For judges i already called up Yngwie on speed dial and he said he would and also Steve Vai said he is very interested but really maybe i should make a site like this.