Page 1 of 29
NY_FootBall49
UG's White Ordell Robbie
1,105 IQ
I like this.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Marskell
UG's Soundwave
1,869 IQ
EP released. SHIT IS SO FUCKING CASH!
"We carry death out of the village!"
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Oh snap, I just realized I looked at this thread weeks ago and didn't care, and now that I've actually listened to them I was going to make a thread on them.

Amazing stuff. Raising the bar for technical and progressive metal. The only thing I don't like is the rap in Skylines, but I'm getting used to it.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
I found out about these guys a few weeks ago. I downloaded the Revitalized EP (don't worry, I'll be picking it up as soon as I find a copy! ) and I love everything about it; the multi-genre breaks, the great transitions and melodies, and not to mention to great jazz fusion sound in a lot of it.

I started working on a Guitar Pro tab for the title track a little while back (20 seconds of the intro so far, a solo and the 7/8 to 6/8 part about 4 and a half minutes in). If anyone wants to help out, please do. The third repeat of the intro is killing me, as well as some of those more discordant harmonies.
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?
4,528 IQ
Quote by juckfush
I found out about these guys a few weeks ago. I downloaded the Revitalized EP (don't worry, I'll be picking it up as soon as I find a copy! ) and I love everything about it; the multi-genre breaks, the great transitions and melodies, and not to mention to great jazz fusion sound in a lot of it.

I started working on a Guitar Pro tab for the title track a little while back (20 seconds of the intro so far, a solo and the 7/8 to 6/8 part about 4 and a half minutes in). If anyone wants to help out, please do. The third repeat of the intro is killing me, as well as some of those more discordant harmonies.

Dude, send it here. I just wanna hear what you've done
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Damn UG and its dis-allowance of attachments in PMs I'll just upload what I have here, though I can assure you that a lot of it is off, at least in terms of harmonies. GP4 format, just to be safe. And hey, if anybody wants to collaborate on this or other songs off the EP, just give me a heads up - I'd love some assistance!

Attachments:
Revitalized gp4.gp4
Last edited by juckfush at Dec 3, 2009,
We'realltoBlame
Looks like a *****.
1,080 IQ
I shat bricks when I first heard it.
Is the CD release show just for the Revitalized EP, or are they releasing something new?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by juckfush
Damn UG and its dis-allowance of attachments in PMs I'll just upload what I have here, though I can assure you that a lot of it is off, at least in terms of harmonies. GP4 format, just to be safe. And hey, if anybody wants to collaborate on this or other songs off the EP, just give me a heads up - I'd love some assistance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB979I-dMK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpGxSBiMkw

EDIT: Jesus christ, the drummer is commenting on some of these videos and has listed the ages of three of the band members: 16, 18, and 19. That's just depressing.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Dec 11, 2009,
Lappo
High Inquisitor
740 IQ
Quote by Hella_Br00tal
lol
seconded
Lappo
High Inquisitor
740 IQ
Quote by Titansfan920
This. Is. Amazing. How the hell are they unsigned!?
cause they make poopy music

actually, you'd think they then would get signed, seeing as that's the trend these days- popular poopy poppy piles of putrid piss

juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB979I-dMK8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYpGxSBiMkw

EDIT: Jesus christ, the drummer is commenting on some of these videos and has listed the ages of three of the band members: 16, 18, and 19. That's just depressing.

Cheers for the links, but I've already contributed a fair few views to each of them Alas, with sparse results

The one riff I'd LOVE to be able to get under my fingers is the crazy Arsis-esque riff 1:22 into Revitalized, not to mention the arpeggios 2:28 - 3:10 in Skylines. Sounds like a fun little finger-twister
And on that note, the whole jazz section in Skylines is killer.

Is anybody else working on tabbing anything, by the way?
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
I 'm pretty sure that part in Skylines is tapping, not sweeping. Unless by arpeggios you just meant chordal notes but one at a time.

Yeah, I'd love to help you with that tab. I mean, I'd love to be ABLE to figure out things that complicated by ear
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Chordal tones one at a time, yup =] The crazy diminished run from 2:40 - 2:44 is definitely picked; the tonality's just way too mechanical to be tapped or performed with any lengthy legato technique. But the run after it, that leads into and continues into the chorus(?) is tapping for sure!

... That's it - I'm going to try to get those dastardly arpeggios down!

And thanks heaps for the offer, I'll definitely be needing some assistance with this. Even the simplest contribution can get any one of us on track, so anything would be great, if you have the time. I'll keep posting updates with excerpts from parts I figure out; if there are to be any more, anyway. ^ ^

EDIT: As a side note, does anyone know of any bands of a similar style to PIE? Technically demanding but still melodic and cohesive? I'd definitely like to get some PIE under my belt (no sexual innuendo ), but until some tabs are up, I'd like something to get myself working hard. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.
Last edited by juckfush at Dec 12, 2009,
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by juckfish
he crazy diminished run from 2:40 - 2:44 is definitely picked; the tonality's just way too mechanical to be tapped or performed with any lengthy legato technique

I thought the same thing, but I think in one of their studio videos he's just messing around and he plays it entirely tapping. That might've been before he decided on the final album version of the solo or maybe he was just playing around though, I don't know.
Quote by juckfish
EDIT: As a side note, does anyone know of any bands of a similar style to PIE? Technically demanding but still melodic and cohesive? I'd definitely like to get some PIE under my belt (no sexual innuendo ), but until some tabs are up, I'd like something to get myself working hard.

Ummmm, The Contortionist, Knives Exchanging Hands (PLEASE tab some of their songs, dude), The Eyes of a Traitor, The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, and of course the obligatory Between the Buried and Me.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
NY_FootBall49
UG's White Ordell Robbie
1,105 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I thought the same thing, but I think in one of their studio videos he's just messing around and he plays it entirely tapping. That might've been before he decided on the final album version of the solo or maybe he was just playing around though, I don't know.

Ummmm, The Contortionist, Knives Exchanging Hands (PLEASE tab some of their songs, dude), The Eyes of a Traitor, The Human Abstract, Protest the Hero, and of course the obligatory Between the Buried and Me.

I learned As A Star Dies by ear that melody before the solo is amazing, anyway if I ever get some time I'll post it on this site.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake

juckfush, boofhead Which video was that part in? I know I've seen a tapping section in one of the videos, but it was for Purity, not Skylines. I can only hope I'm wrong, because a video might be the only chance I'll have to tab it.

And yessir! I've already got some of the obligatory PTH, THA and BTBAM I'll definitely check out the other three, and I'll give tabbing a try - hey, I'm on holidays now anyway!

Cheers for the recommendations, I'll return back shortly with tidings of EXTREME CRITICISM
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by juckfush
juckfush, boofhead

No idea why I did that
Quote by juckfush
Which video was that part in? I know I've seen a tapping section in one of the videos, but it was for Purity, not Skylines. I can only hope I'm wrong, because a video might be the only chance I'll have to tab it.

Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZAam8xA8g

1:06. It's not the final version, but the first few notes are, and he taps them all.
Quote by juckfush
And yessir! I've already got some of the obligatory PTH, THA and BTBAM I'll definitely check out the other three, and I'll give tabbing a try - hey, I'm on holidays now anyway!

Cheers for the recommendations, I'll return back shortly with tidings of EXTREME CRITICISM

By the way, what tuning do they use? I've got an idea of how to play the clean arpeggios in Skylines starting at about 7:30 in but I'm tuned a step down so I don't know what position I should move it to for the actual tab.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
No idea why I did that

Found it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guZAam8xA8g

1:06. It's not the final version, but the first few notes are, and he taps them all.

By the way, what tuning do they use? I've got an idea of how to play the clean arpeggios in Skylines starting at about 7:30 in but I'm tuned a step down so I don't know what position I should move it to for the actual tab.

Bah, no worries

Cheers for the video! I've seen the clip before but never picked up on that part And I never would have guessed it was tapped... do you think it was picked for the recording? I only ask because it seemed really sloppy with the tap take (so maybe they changed it?)

I tuned to Drop C to write up what I have of Revitalized. Though in the videos the band has uploaded, it seemed to be a half step down (I'm always in E standard and I had to shift everything tone a semitone, grr!). I'd say Drop C is the safest bet though, so what you have should be right about on.
Would you mind uploading what you have of the clean section? Unless you want to make updates or what-not first, of course.

And, here is... the first 30 odd seconds of ''Put On your Dancing Shoes''! Is there any particular song you'd like though? I just decided to pick one with a funny name.

And to get back on topic: Does anyone else here love that awesome tech-riff after the rap in Skylines?

EDIT: And the outro sweeps for Skylines - G# major, A minor, A minor with an augmented fifth on top, and on the second repeat, a Baug5. It took a second to notice to sub-modulation
Attachments:
Put On Your Dancing Shoesgp4.gp4
Skylines Outro Sweepsgp4.gp4
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by juckfush
Cheers for the video! I've seen the clip before but never picked up on that part And I never would have guessed it was tapped... do you think it was picked for the recording? I only ask because it seemed really sloppy with the tap take (so maybe they changed it?)

Yeah, I thought the seemed pretty sloppy too (although much better than I could do haha). That seems like a reasonable scenario.
Quote by juckfush
I tuned to Drop C to write up what I have of Revitalized. Though in the videos the band has uploaded, it seemed to be a half step down (I'm always in E standard and I had to shift everything tone a semitone, grr!). I'd say Drop C is the safest bet though, so what you have should be right about on.
Would you mind uploading what you have of the clean section? Unless you want to make updates or what-not first, of course.

Oh, I haven't actually tabbed it out yet, just figured it out in my head. To be honest I'm not too experienced at tabbing things yet, but it's something I'd like to start doing. Do you have Powertab? I can try to get what I have onto that sometime tomorrow, I'm not as familiar with Guitar Pro.
Quote by juckfush
And, here is... the first 30 odd seconds of ''Put On your Dancing Shoes''! Is there any particular song you'd like though? I just decided to pick one with a funny name.

I'd really like to see A Kansas City Shuffle and The Death of Pappy Gatmus tabbed out, if you wouldn't mind
Quote by juckfush
And to get back on topic: Does anyone else here love that awesome tech-riff after the rap in Skylines?

Absolutely.
Quote by juckfush
EDIT: And the outro sweeps for Skylines - G# major, A minor, A minor with an augmented fifth on top, and on the second repeat, a Baug5. It took a second to notice to sub-modulation

Yeah, I had figured out that one as well. Except I'm not up on my theory enough to call it all of that haha.

I need to learn my theory but I never have the time =/
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Yeah, I thought the seemed pretty sloppy too (although much better than I could do haha). That seems like a reasonable scenario.

Oh, I haven't actually tabbed it out yet, just figured it out in my head. To be honest I'm not too experienced at tabbing things yet, but it's something I'd like to start doing. Do you have Powertab? I can try to get what I have onto that sometime tomorrow, I'm not as familiar with Guitar Pro.

I'd really like to see A Kansas City Shuffle and The Death of Pappy Gatmus tabbed out, if you wouldn't mind

Absolutely.

Yeah, I had figured out that one as well. Except I'm not up on my theory enough to call it all of that haha. B

I need to learn my theory but I never have the time =/

I can download, Powertab, sure =] And take your time with it, it's no rush!
I'll get around to tabbing those pieces out sometime in the next couple days - three days left of school and I'm off for five weeks, woot! I'll just e-mail them over to you when I'm done, or if I've made any decent progress.

Theory was something that took me a while to grip, and at the moment I'd say I'm developing a decent knowledge of intervals and chord construction, and modulation/key changing. My tutor and I spent weeks analyzing jazz pieces, distinguishing the chords and their notes, and then deciding on which voicings to use - which is really hard work, but definitely pays - and has payed - off! But for me personally, I really like thinking in terms of intervals and the relationship between notes. It just serves as a good foundation. =]
If you like, I can PM you a few tips and pointers to get you started? It wouldn't be a hassle at all to me, so just let me know.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by juckfush
I can download, Powertab, sure =] And take your time with it, it's no rush!

Haha, judging by your theory knowledge and how quickly you tabbed that Knives song, I'm probably not going to be much help to you after all, but I can take a stab at it just for the experience and you can probably fix my mistakes.
Quote by juckfush
I'll get around to tabbing those pieces out sometime in the next couple days - three days left of school and I'm off for five weeks, woot! I'll just e-mail them over to you when I'm done, or if I've made any decent progress. =]

Awesome
Quote by juckfush
Theory was something that took me a while to grip, and at the moment I'd say I'm developing a decent knowledge of intervals and chord construction, and modulation/key changing. My tutor and I spent weeks analyzing jazz pieces, distinguishing the chords and their notes, and then deciding on which voicings to use - which is really hard work, but definitely pays - and has payed - off!
If you like, I can PM you a few tips and pointers to get you started? It wouldn't be a hassle at all to me, so just let me know.

I've attempted to learn a bit several times from instructional books and the internet, but each time I've run into a few roadblocks. Now that I've started college, though, I'm considering learning enough over the summer to get into the music theory classes my university offers.

And yeah, what could that hurt? Thanks, dude
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
Dude, any contribution at all is helpful, don't worry! And the more you do, you more you'll improve, so don't be shy.

I sent you a PM with the first little lesson Feel free to contact me anytime with a PM or whatnot, I'd be glad to help out.

Anyways, I'm off for the night, so take care everybody! Keep this thread alive, these guys deserve recognition!

GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
All right, I had some help learning a bit of Guitar Pro last night and it's WAY easier than Powertab haha. I had just learned on Powertab back before I got Guitar Pro and didn't know where the buttons were located, mainly.

But yeah, here's what I came up with. It may not be perfect, but it's definitely close.

Also, thanks for the PM
Attachments:
SkylinesCleanPart.gp5
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
juckfush
UG's Fancy Antsy-Lope!
1,878 IQ
And you were worried it was off?! O.o It sounds spot on to me, so a big high five and thank you for you! I love that part, sort of reminds me of Minus The Bear, oddly enough And Guitar Pro's definitely the way to go once you get the hang of it! Powertab had me pretty bewildered yesterday

I'm glad the PM could help you out, and if there are any specific questions you have, feel free to drop me a message anytime. Otherwise, I can send you another few bits and pieces every couple days to keep everything flowing.

I'm going to give Revitalized another shot over the next few days. I'm hoping to work the current tab up to the 1:40 mark or so, but some of those harmonies are kind of bizarre, what with all the atonality. I'll keep the timings as accurate as possible, but the harmonies might have to be a staple for a while.
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Oh good, glad I could help out Good luck with your tabbing and if I think I might be able to figure anything else out, I'll be sure to let you know.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
I can't wait until they release a full-length it will be just a masterpiece, I just know it.
I drink your milkshake.
NY_FootBall49
UG's White Ordell Robbie
1,105 IQ
They are ridiculously amazing. I just keep playing that EP again again and I have found no flaws. So sick. I know everyone wants to compare them to BTBAM but one thing that bothered me about BTBAM was the heavy parts were usually pretty boring and just seemed to take up space. They have really great heavy parts. How old are these guys anyway.

Going to the cd release show on the 27th and going to the Every Time I Die show the next day going to be a great weekend.

Quote by RU Experienced?
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Quote by geoguitar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LupUxQdKXCU

This right here might be the most amazing thing I have ever heard.

WHAT THE ****, THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK. AND THEY ARE JUST KIDS
WHAT THE HELL?!

I have the same practice amp as him!

Thought that was pretty cool. Also that intro was AWESOME.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
geoguitar
155 IQ
That intro is so musically beautifull. It's breathtaking.
The worst part is they are supposedly all between 16(!) and 19 years of age.

How?
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
I've only listened to the songs on myspace and meh. Yea they can play, but the music itself is fairly boring. They definitely use some really cool chords and melodies, but the clean singing (and rapping WTF) is awful. Overall, they're not really doing anything that would make me listen again. That new song intro video is sick though. Even if it does sound like a complete rip off of All New Materials.