Page 1 of 2
What bands that should be more well known/praised for their achievements or contributions towards a genre?

I'd have to say Blue Cheer. They were the first band to really crank it and made a huge contribution towards the 'Hard rock/metal' movement of the early 70s with pounding drums,distorted guitars and pummeling bass lines.

So who does the pit think should be recognised?

Inb4 searchbar
The one that cums blood.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
Led Zep for metal, they're often forgotten when talking about pioneers. Everybody talks about Black Sabbath or AC/DC or whatever, but to me it was always Led Zeppelin.
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings! Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams!

VIVE LE QUÉBEC! VIVE LE QUÉBEC LIBRE!

Charles De Gaulle, 1967

It's better to live one day as a lion
Than a thousand years as a lamb
Quote by metallica4life_
Led Zep for metal, they're often forgotten when talking about pioneers. Everybody talks about Black Sabbath or AC/DC or whatever, but to me it was always Led Zeppelin.

Led who?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wow. I can see this thread degenerating into a teen based arguement with incredible speed and ferocity.

I think Eve To Adam aren't well known enough for great music.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Fallen Fate... Although, I'm kinda guessin' the main reason most people won't know about them is because they're not signed & I think they're only able to play shows near Darlington, UK... But they are freakin' amazing!
Late of the peir

and the beatles
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Minor Threat or Thrice.
Quote by firestarter12
does any1 know where I can get a fender les paul? i always only see 1 or the other but i want one thats both.

Yeah,led zepp were pioneers of metal but their usually overlooked as they have always been rooted in blues and folk music which inspired them
Last edited by gerardk at Nov 4, 2009,
Coheed and Cambria is fairly noticed now, but I still believe they ought to be on the radio more.
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Quote by Kensai
Led who?

I really hope you're only joking.
Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings! Twisting your mind, smashing your dreams!

Charles De Gaulle, 1967

Testament are usually overlooked in favour of the 'big four' of thrash which sucks 'cos they've got some great songs
Quote by metallica4life_
I really hope you're only joking.

As much as the person who suggested that Led Zeppelin wasn't well known should be joking?

Something smells fishy here....

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Airbourne!

They rock!
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by metallica4life_
Never heard of 'em.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
AC/DC, but specifically For Those About to Rock/Flick of the Switch/Fly On The Wall/Blow Up Your Video. The average person doesn't realize anything actually happened in the ten years between Back in Black and Thunderstruck. Even at AC/DC's concerts the gems out of the 80s are constantly ignored.

Seconding Testament, too.
The Wipers.

They were a huge influence for a number of far more successful bands, most notably Nirvana, and yet remain relatively unknown (at least as far as I am aware). It's a god damn shame.

Also, Fishbone. The entire third-wave ska movement (Reel Big Fish, Less Then Jake, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, etc etc) owes everything to them. They really don't get the recognition they deserve.
Quote by strat0blaster
As much as the person who suggested that Led Zeppelin wasn't well known should be joking?

Something smells fishy here....

I never said Led Zep was not well known, I said they weren't well known for pioneering metal, I mean, everybody knows Stairway To Heaven (at least, everybody with decent music taste). Again, I don't doubt that the majority of UG knows about Led Zeppelin, I said that Led Zeppelin are usually not considered fore-runners of traditionnal heavy metal.

Charles De Gaulle, 1967

Quote by metallica4life_
I never said Led Zep was not well known, I said they weren't well known for pioneering metal, I mean, everybody knows Stairway To Heaven (at least, everybody with decent music taste). Again, I don't doubt that the majority of UG knows about Led Zeppelin, I said that Led Zeppelin are usually not considered fore-runners of traditionnal heavy metal.

They're way more influenced by early blues than they are influential to metal. It was heavy for its time, but I'd hesitate to call Zep metal. That's just IMO though.

Good band none the less.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by metallica4life_

wtf? Who have you been talking to exactly?
Tad- a grunge band from seattle. They released a few good albums and were destined for the big time but they just fizzled out
All I have to say is this - when under-rated bands are mentioned, only two words come to mind. AIR. SUPPLY. Respect it.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by gerardk
+1 to Airborne even though they sound an aweful lot like Ac/Dc

They sound pretty much like a more "modern" AC/DC, but maybe that's why I like their music so much.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Love them or hate them you've got to admit there is no one like Enter Shikari out there, they have developed their own little hardcore niche, they have made it more varied, musically interesting and accessable.

Between the Buried and me are probably one of the most progressive metal bands i've heard but haven't heard their new album so will hold on to that one until i have.
Page 1 of 2