I have three dif things i need advice on:

I need a cab for a Mesa boogie recto-verb budget: $350 (of course I will buy used) I figured pretty much anything with V30's right? I figure there cant be such a thing as a crappy cab with V30's.

There is a Marshall 1960 A cab on my local CL for $350, and i was gonna try to talk the guy down to $300, but I was wondering, with a Marshall cab give me good modern hard rock tones and such? I need a cab thats gonna be versatile.

2: I need an OD to tighten the high gain on my mesa, budget: $60 (again, will buy used)

3: I need a good SD hum-bucker to go in my LP, but the thing is, I want it to be high output but not crazy high output like the invader. Also it has to have some kind of decent low end, the JB was good but the low end on it wasn't. Budget: (none) dont suggest the blackouts please.
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Need some change for strings? http://www.cashcrate.com/2476533
Quote by son of anarchy
I figured pretty much anything with V30's right? I figure there cant be such a thing as a crappy cab with V30's..

Good luck finding a cab with Vintage 30's for that price. Used or not.

But seriously, I think the Marshall 1960A cab would suit you very well. It doesn't have Vintage 30's, but the G12T-75's that do come in it sound good with Mesa's.
Last edited by LukeBTH at Nov 4, 2009,
For 1, the Marshall is a good deal and it's well built, but a cab has other factors besides the speakers such as the woods, build quality, etc.
For 2, Digitech Bad Monkey or TS9 if you can find one for that price.
For 3, I'm not too sure, gonna leave that one for somebody else.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

1) The Marshall 1960A is one of the most commonly used cabs. It'll suit you just fine for just about anything. I've seen Marshall cabs being used with Mesa heads and they give a perfectly good modern sound.

2) Not a fan of OD pedals, so I can't help you much there. 0_o Seems like a Maxon or Ibanez Tubescreamer is what you're looking for though.

3) Ever try a SD Custom Custom or Distortion pickup? They're a little hotter than JBs, IIRC, and the Invader is the highest output they have I believe. If you dig into the Seymour Duncan website - you'll find a side by side comparison of all their pickups, with they're outputs, bass/treble/mid response all shown in numbers.
Last edited by x7shadesofblack at Nov 4, 2009,
1. I take it you live in America, if you do look into Avatar Cabs with V30's.

2. I haven't tried one but, what about a digitech Bad Monkey?

3. Why does it have to be an SD Humbucker? I would look into the boutique Pickup manufacturer if you don't have a limited budget e.g. Rock Monkey Pickups, Bareknuckle Pickups etc.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
1. I don't like the tone of Rectos with Marshall cabs. You should be able to find a used Boogie 2X12 at that price or if you get lucky a 4X12.

2. Used TS9, TS7, Boss SD-1

3. E-mail SD
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Jak Archer

3. Why does it have to be an SD Humbucker? I would look into the boutique Pickup manufacturer if you don't have a limited budget e.g. Rock Monkey Pickups, Bareknuckle Pickups etc.

+1 to everything Jak just said.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by LukeBTH
Good luck finding a cab with Vintage 30's for that price. Used or not.

But seriously, I think the Marshall 1960A cab would suit you very well. It doesn't have Vintage 30's, but the G12T-75's that do come in it sound good with Mesa's.

actually, there are several cabs within that limit used that have V 30's, at least 1 carvin anf one of the crate blue voodoo's... I even saw an ampeg GUITAR cab with V30's for $250
Quote by woodenbandman
As far as I'm concerned, Boogies descended from heaven on a heavenly A Major soundwave played over a choir of angels singing America/God Save The Queen and giving out free candy.

Last edited by son of anarchy at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by Jak Archer

no experience with rock monkey, but iv had experience with plenty of other pick up companies, bare-knuckles, EMG, dimarzio

SD is just the only pickup company that has ever really satisfied me.
Quote by woodenbandman

You liked SD more than BKP?
Each to his own I guess...
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab