...I ask because, while I'm interested in one of these (the EHX Wiggler), I'm not sure if it will fit in my board physically due to the height.

Anyone have any luck getting one of these monsters to fit on one? Especially one with an angled surface?

I'm using the Coffin Case SKB-110 board, for what it's worth. I don't expect anyone to have used the pedal in the exact same board as me but most of these style boards with the lid probably have similar dimensions.

If anybody can offer info, thanks. If not, sorry to waste the board's time.

EDIT: Also, if there's anything that can get anywhere near what the Wiggler can do, I'd like to know about it. Or would I be looking at getting a tremolo, vibrato, and some kind of leslie simulator pedal to match it?
Last edited by Black13AB at Nov 4, 2009,
AFAIK, the tube pedals are a gimmick. The tubes don't get enough power to really do much. Although I could be thinking of something else.

Easiest way to tell if will fit is to get the dimensions of the pedal and cut some paper to size see if it fits.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Well, in terms of the footprint, it'll fit. The only thing I can't get is the height, and I can't really know for sure without having one of the pedals to drop in. I may end up just ordering the thing from MF and trying it, then returning it (since I can get it at a better price). It's just a hassle to temporarily spend 190 bucks on that.

I just like what I've heard the Wiggler do in demos- it covers a lot of bases, enough to justify it's obnoxious footprint. I don't know if the tubes do a whole ton, but I do like what the pedal seems capable of, regardless.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
The EHX pedals are run at full voltage. They're not a gimmick like most real pedals. I don't think they're worth the price though, except for the Black Finger.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by SimplyBen
AFAIK, the tube pedals are a gimmick. The tubes don't get enough power to really do much. Although I could be thinking of something else.

Easiest way to tell if will fit is to get the dimensions of the pedal and cut some paper to size see if it fits.

Some of their tube pedals are gimmicks, while others like the Black Finger have a transformer that feeds the tube 300v. I dunno which category the Wiggler falls into, though.

My theory is if it sounds good get it, if not then don't - doesn't matter if it has tubes in it or not.
I have an English Muff'n. I don't know what voltage the tube runs at but it sounds good. I bought mine for $100 used. I wouldn't buy it for full price and the size is a drawback as well.
I was just checking you weren't doing the OMGZ IT HAZ TEH TOOBZ IN TEH PEDALZ! But since you aren't, just try the pedal out dude. If it sounds good on vids chances are it sounds pretty good in real life.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

^not the EHX pedals. My English Muff'n sounds distinctly different than my SS pedals. It has an open clarity to it that doesn't cover up my mistakes.
I would be surprised if the EHX pedals didn't run at full voltage. They all use special adapters and have all sorts of warnings about opening them up due to the high voltages inside.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
All the EHX tube pedals that I'm aware of run at full voltage. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find a modern production tube pedal that doesn't run at full voltage, so I'm not sure why some of you guys keep insisting that the majority of the genre is a gimmick. That's just not true.

Behringer had some amps like that (out of production, I believe), and there are a few mic preamps that don't put much voltage on the tube, but unless you're buying Bubba's home-brewed overdrive doodad off of ebay, you're probably getting full voltage.

It's fair to bag on tube pedals if you don't like them, but saying they're a gimmick because they don't use full voltage is just ignorant as far as I'm concerned.
Well, this went way off topic- which is fine- all I really needed to know was if anyone had fit the damn thing in a pedalboard.

I called GC up and they actually had an old English Muff'n kicking around, so I brought in my board, dropped it in and sure enough it closed fine, to my surprise.

So looks like there's a Wiggler in my future. As far as the tube/non debate- I really gotta go with what some have already said (more or less)... if it sounds good, who cares what voltage the tubes are running at? If the price is fair for the sound you're getting, then that's all that really matters.

My reason for liking this particular pedal isn't the tubes- in fact I was kind of put off by that, as it's more things that can go wrong- it's that it's versatile and seems to sound pretty unique. The tubes are cool and all, but I just like the functionality of this thing.

Anyhow, now that I figured out the size question, I guess I'll leave the thread to the rest of you.