ok ive been playin guitar for 2 and 1/2 years electric a yr and a 1/2 now. I have a half decent amp for what i do play by myself in my room haha dont laugh. I have a crappy squier guitar when should i get a new guitar. how much should i spend please dont post guitars i should get i can find those on my own
Bryce
what amp do you have and what genre of music do you play?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

$600

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
spend at minimum $300. i recommend $500+, but if you're upgrading from a squier pretty much anything is fair game. but basically, the more playing you do (outside your room, of course), the more you should spend on the guitar.

of course, that's just my two cents.
ok i play hard rock slash toad brekin ben and that line im only like 14 and my only income is shoveling snow birthdays and christmas so probably blow 350 will be adequate right???
Bryce
what amp do you have and what genre of music do you play?

+1

It largely depends on what amp you have and more importantly what genre of music you'll use it for. Generally I would say $300-700 and if you play metal you'll need pick-ups on top of that
Dig a tunnel of light through ignorant walls
ok i play hard rock slash toad brekin ben and that line im only like 14 and my only income is shoveling snow birthdays and christmas so probably blow 350 will be adequate right???

Yeah that could be adequate, you got any guitars in mind for that price range?
i was thinking and ibanez i cant recall the the name im to lazy to get it or a epi sg
and i am metal head i hate the pickups single coil whimpy crappy soloing guitar
Bryce
ibanez rg170? They are pretty popular and a decent guitar for that price range...definatley need new pick-ups if you go that option
Quote by xoguitarist95ox
i was thinking and ibanez i cant recall the the name im to lazy to get it or a epi sg
and i am metal head i hate the pickups single coil whimpy crappy soloing guitar

Well a different guitar would be an improvement, but how much of an improvement depends on what amp you have.

Personally I would use this as an excuse to mod the guitar. However, being that you're only 14, I don't know if you have the knowledge needed or the tools that would be required.

You might want to look into Agile guitars. Start on the page in the link and work forward - everything before that page is SX and Douglas guitars (which aren't bad for the price, but the Agiles are much better, imo)

Agile linky
if i wood mod it i no a guy should i go hss or hh i no personnal preference but whats best for my kind of music
Bryce
o the ibanez would be a RG2EX1 so what should i do now that i got some ideas sg or rg2ex1 or mod if i mod should i get really good pick ups or just ok ones
Bryce
Quote by xoguitarist95ox
if i wood mod it i no a guy should i go hss or hh i no personnal preference but whats best for my kind of music

For heavier based music you're gonna want to go with a humbucker in the bridge. You may want to keep it an HSS for versatility reasons.

If you like the way the guitar feels I personally think that you're better off just upgrading it than starting over with a whole new guitar.