ive been playing for a little over 2 years and im starting to get really into effects pedals. im debating on the next pedal i want to buy and i was hoping someone could suggest somethin for me.... im thinking the Boss OC-3 octave pedal but im not sure... theres just too many

so far i got...
Boss MD-2 mega distortion
MXR Carbon Copy analog delay
Crybaby Wah

im looking in like the $50-150 range
Last edited by afloatingcactus at Nov 4, 2009,
Delay and wah are always good. I'd look into the BBE Sonic Stomp...quite possibly the single best investment I've made for my pedal board. Tubescreamers and the like are always kinda cool and give some variety to the sound.
Quote by afloatingcactus
ive been playing for a little over 2 years and im starting to get really into effects pedals. im debating on the next pedal i want to buy and i was hoping someone could suggest somethin for me.... im thinking the Boss OC-3 octave pedal but im not sure... theres just too many

so far i got...
Boss MD-2 mega distortion
MXR Carbon Copy analog delay
Crybaby Wah

im looking in like the $50-150 range

10 band MXR EQ. Put it in the loop where it does the most good. With everything you throw at your sound before that a little shaping with an EQ can work wonders.
how about a fuzz pedal? or a cool modulation pedal like a micro vibe or an MXR blue box?
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
that MXR blue box is sweet... and im diggin the raw sound of the tubescreamer... haha i wish i wasnt so broke so i could just go buy em all
Last edited by afloatingcactus at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by sparkeyjames
10 band MXR EQ. Put it in the loop where it does the most good. With everything you throw at your sound before that a little shaping with an EQ can work wonders.

Yes because a 10-band EQ is the solution to everything.

Anyways, if you're looking to buy a pedal, just go play with them. Without any idea of even what TYPE of pedal you want or a PURPOSE you want it to fulfill, asking a forum of people with vastly varying opinions seems rather pointless to me.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
i have played a bunch of pedals.... i was in a music store the other day and tried over 30 different ones... theres just too many too choose from so i figured id see if anyone had a suggestion
Well...figure out your distortion needs first. Are you happy with the amp's distortion? Do you ever want to add a bit more gain either for solos or just because? If you want a bit more or a boost you should get an overdrive pedal. If you are completely happy with the distorted sound, I would say go either delay or wah
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children