Alright basically right down to it I can shred the hell out the pentatonic scale and I hate it, everyone loves it I hate it i NEED TO MOVE ON!!! <-- Vent

Anyway, can anyone reccomend me some unique, possibly egytian sounding scales that may be similar to pentatonic finger-wise that will get me out of this box or a link to a website with tabs where I may find some?
if i remember correctly, the phyrigian scale is eqyptian sounding. either that or mixolydian, i don't remember, but you'll probably find them both in the same place anyhow. the half-whole and whole-have tone scales are really cool too.
R.I.P. Dime Bag Darrell!
member#13 of the official lindsay lohan fan club
Member #20 of the Nirvana Fan Club
Try unconventional techniques to get out of the box, like playing a solo with one finger or on one string.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Play something else. It's really that easy.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
if you can shred the pentatonic, add a couple more notes and you've got the blues pentatonic scale. then you can learn some common blues solo licks, and experiement with those.
R.I.P. Dime Bag Darrell!
member#13 of the official lindsay lohan fan club
Member #20 of the Nirvana Fan Club
phrygian and phyrian dominent are egyption sounding. also, i like soloing/shredding in natural and harmonic minor, you can try those. they show scale patterns on allguitarchords or something like that, google search it, should be top link
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic
Learn how to construct major and minor scales, then learn about harmonic minor. Harmonic minor will probably give you the sound you're looking for. You're not near ready to be delving into modes, as you'll probably learn them wrong (a generalization, nothing personal).

The major scale will open so many doors if you truly learn how it is constructed and used.
Double harmonic minor is where it's at. Everybody and their dog plays Phrygian dominant. Double harmonic, IMHO is the "True" egyptian sound.
Quote by brownsfan456
Anything is possible with music which is sooo awesome

Quote by metal4all

I just learn the formula, apply it to a key, and use said notes on fretboard. Why? Cuz I'm not a pussy.
If by 'in a pentatonic box' you mean you stay in one position going up and down the scale I wouldn't worry about other scales yet - learn to use the pentatonic over the whole neck to play whatever you've got playing in your head first.

If you can do that already, try learning the Major scale as timeconsumer said - learn it so you understand how its constructed, and it will make learning other scales a whole lot easier, as you derive pretty much any other scale you'll need from the Major scale.
Quote by zhilla
If by 'in a pentatonic box' you mean you stay in one position going up and down the scale I wouldn't worry about other scales yet - learn to use the pentatonic over the whole neck to play whatever you've got playing in your head first.

If you can do that already, try learning the Major scale as timeconsumer said - learn it so you understand how its constructed, and it will make learning other scales a whole lot easier, as you derive pretty much any other scale you'll need from the Major scale.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
learn the full natural minor scale, it's the pentatonic with a couple of notes added in. then learn where all the intervals are located in the patterns, how they sound with each other, how the y sound against the root note, etc. and try be more creative with it. don't just run through the patterns, actually think about melody etc. then move on to harmonic minor and melodic minor.

the lesson in my sig may help with learning where the intervals are in the patterns
Quote by zhilla

I agree 100%. It's all in your head. You need to play what you hear, instead of just memorizing different scales.
Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere
- John Coltrane
if you are looking for an exotic sounding scale try the harmonic minor. its just the minor scale with a sharp 7.
yeah, the harmonic minor is pretty egyptian/arabian sounding, especially when you get into the 5, 6, 7, and 8th degrees of the scale.