http://twitter.com/penelopetrunk/status/4147262767

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2009/11/03/2009-11-03_career_adviser_penelope_trunks_i_having_a_miscarriage_twitter_message_causes_sto.html

This is the sort of thing you don't expect to hear about too often. I'm not too sure what to make of it really, as although I support a woman's right to choose what she does with her own body, the callousness with which she dismisses the loss of her own child almost makes some of those crazy pro-lifers sound like they have a point.

Obviously I could be looking at this from entirely the wrong perspective, being the owner of a Y-chromosome myself.

Discuss....

Now that's what I call multi-tasking.
Member of the "On the Right Track" club. PM Michelangelo193 or raise_the_dead to see if they approve of your "On the Right Track"-ness
I am Spartikus

Tremulous name: <CD>Mustang?
Is it proven that she had a miscarriage?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Don't judge a woman for how she talks about her abortion or miscarriage. Some will make jokes about it because it helps them. It's not a 'oh well' thing nor does your biological construct allow you to understand their experience. Just don't comment on it.

EDIT: It's bad enough for me to pull out this comment as I'd hate to sound patronising or to be assuming experiences.
Last edited by Craigo at Nov 4, 2009,
Omg Internet Scandal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Craigo
Don't judge a woman for how she talks about her abortion or miscarriage. Some will make jokes about it because it helps them. It's not a 'oh well' thing nor does your biological construct allow you to understand their experience. Just don't comment on it.

This is a no-go area for us males then?
Quote by PeZ546
This is a no-go area for us males then?

it's a no go area for everyone.

the same way some men will drink themselves into oblivion after losing a close relative and others will go out and do more adventurous stuff. everyone handles pain in their own way.

you don't moan about how they're handling it, you just do the best you can to help them get through it.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
it's a no go area for everyone.

the same way some men will drink themselves into oblivion after losing a close relative and others will go out and do more adventurous stuff. everyone handles pain in their own way.

you don't moan about how they're handling it, you just do the best you can to help them get through it.

This is also a superb answer.
I love how people jump at the chance to judge another person based on one comment.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§
I love how people jump at the chance to judge another person based on one comment.
*jumps at the chance to judge you on this post of yours*

ur a ***et!
Quote by ctb
*jumps at the chance to judge you on this post of yours*

ur a ***et!

Before any of you claim that I stole the idea from coryklok, let me remind you that I am the one who gave him the idea. >_>
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by §ArmyofAngels§

Before any of you claim that I stole the idea from coryklok, let me remind you that I am the one who gave him the idea. >_>

Dude, stop stealing idea's from coryklok, he's cooler than you.