I bought a squier mini and since i wanted to change for a humbucker pickup , so i order a new custom pickguard from pickguardheaven ( reputable site . ) unforttunalty they didnt have the pattern so i had to send the original squier mini pickguard by mail for them to trace it and made the new one .

unfortunatly the package never reach the company .... was suppose to take 3-4 days and its been 3 weeks and they mail me today telling me they were still waiting to send it ( i sent it 3 week ago ) . so it probably got lost in the mail ( thx to USPS and canada post ) .

the company told me they could work with a fine line trace ( the opriginal would have been better ) .. unfortunatly .. i dont have a mini pickgaurd . so im totally **** cause my project guitar cant be finish since i can get a pickguard for the mini . Sad

any solution or help ??? is there anything i can do .

thank you .

** my guitar was 85 % complete .. i bought the new electornic pots and humbucker , did the paint job .. change the tuning keys , bought the new bridge , jackplate etc.. ... i was jsut waiting for my new pickguard to solder the elctronic and get a tune up /set up . now it kill my plan Sad
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Use some cardboard to make a pickguard by yourself.

Mad Professor Snow White Auto Wah
TC Electronic PolyTune 2 Noir
Joyo Vintage Overdrive
ZVex Box of Rock
Chase Bliss Audio Warped Vinyl
TC Electronic Flashback
Neunaber Seraphim + EXP
Hotone Wally
Quote by Shelbien
Use some cardboard to make a pickguard by yourself.

thx but that dont really give me the tracing for it ..
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
find a picture of the mini online, find the tutorial on UG on how to print to the proper scale, print out the picture... PROFIT!!!
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
how olds the guitar? there should be an outline of where the pickguard was. sharpie/pencil/whatever trace it onto paper. then make a template out of it. and p.s this is why i insure packages.
the guitar is brand new .... forget about the outline ... its under 3 layer of paint , 2 layer of primer and 2 layer of lacquer

but ill check i might still have it trace .. i remeber tracing it ... but thats still frustrating .. i wish i could have had a real pickguard .. i modded all the guitar , tuners , new nut , bridge , jackplate , electronic .. humbucker .

its frustrating to like a project finish at 80 % cause i cant get a pickguard for it . ive put a lot of time on it .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
You still have the screw holes right? I would take a peice of card board, poke the holes in teh card board where the pickguard was supposed to line up, and buy a standard strat pickguard and try to transfer that to it and trim it up. Only solution I can think of.
Quote by nuthinbuttrubl8
find a picture of the mini online, find the tutorial on UG on how to print to the proper scale, print out the picture... PROFIT!!!

Either do this, or draw a custom shape and send them the tracing. Easy!
i found a tracing i had with a big marker ... i retrace it as best as i could with a small tip pen ..

its not perfect but still very usable IMO . the screw hole should be perfect .

so if till the end of the week they havent received my original pickguard .. ill send a tracing asking them to do as best as they can .

thank for the tip .

hope everything will come out right

the only problem is that they ask for the exact size hole to be trace .. now since i didnt have a humbucker .. i dont know the measurmeent of the hole .
Bedroom rock star :

- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Nov 4, 2009,