Hello =] My girl friend wants to buy me and Electro Harmonix (<3) Memory boy for christmas. Of course I was jumping for joy when she told me. So what does a gear head do? Look on youtube for demo videos even though I've demo'd it a thousand times or so at local guitar shops. I noticed one vid was using an expression pedal, and I REALLY liked the effects he was getting out of it. So my question is, what expression pedal would you guys recomend for me =] I dont want it to be TO exprensive. Thanks in advance
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
you can always get a cheap volume pedal and use that, thats what i do. anything really works
Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Peavey 6505+
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
-
Morley Little Alligator Volume
Line 6 FM 4
Line 6 DL 4
Boss DD-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer Turbo
Boss TU-2

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
So any volume pedal will work? I wont havbe to go out and buy something fancy?
Yeah, man honestly, a cheap-ass expression pedal isn't going to harm your sound - you're just controlling effects parameters. You could buy a $15 Rouge Volume Pedal from musiciansfriend and be perfectly fine.

Now, if you're a definitely pedal abuser, and are relying on this for live work, etc - I'd definitely say look for a Boss pedal or something along those lines - But that's just so you know you won't break it. LOL The Ernie Ball volume pedals are built like tanks, but are a bit more expenisve.
I am gonna be using it live, and I am pretty mean to my effects.
haha well then in that case, the Ernie Balls are probably what you're gonna wanna look at, or the Bosses, maybe.
i got a cheap morley little alligator for 40 bucks on ebay and it works fine...
Gibson Les Paul Standard Double Cut
Peavey 6505+
Mesa Boogie Oversized Cab
-
Morley Little Alligator Volume
Line 6 FM 4
Line 6 DL 4
Boss DD-6
Ibanez Tube Screamer Turbo
Boss TU-2

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.