So I just put up my first cover on youtube last night, Just Stop by Disturbed. It's probably the first song I can say that I can play completely through perfectly with only a few small timing issues. So check it out and let me know what you honestly think. And yes, i know I look way to tense. Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSb4NdYw7gI
Not bad, keep up the good work.

Fuck that - I want a bass amp that can suck dick! Where do you find such a thing
I would suggest that you just relax. I know you said you look tense, so you probably feel tense too. Being all tensed up like that can make your playing sound kinda off beat. Just feel the beat. Maybe tap your foot or something. You do have a couple timing issues like you metioned, but it sounds ok. And another suggestion is just let your fingers flow man, lol. They look all bunched up on the fret board. Just needs some more practice and you got it.
--------------------------------
GEAR
Guitars----
Aria:Ariana
Ibanez:RG7321
Peavey:Raptor Sig. series
Peavey:EXP Sig. series
ESP LTD: V-500
Amplifiers----
Orange 2X12 cab
Peavey: JSX
Peavey: XXL
Thanks for the advice. I'm still not entirely used to playing while standing yet cause I use to play sitting down all the time, so thats part of the problem.
Last edited by Adisturbedone at Nov 4, 2009,
You could always sit down if you want. A lot of guys just have the camera zoomed in on their guitar. That would make me less nervous. The playing was okay. Work on your palm mutes and getting the rhythms right; a lot of the rhythms were way off, especially the parts that were palm mutes. Sounds like you might have been a little out of tune as well. You're on your way man!
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

Quote by salsawords
You could always sit down if you want. A lot of guys just have the camera zoomed in on their guitar. That would make me less nervous. The playing was okay. Work on your palm mutes and getting the rhythms right; a lot of the rhythms were way off, especially the parts that were palm mutes. Sounds like you might have been a little out of tune as well. You're on your way man!

Well part of the rhythm problem was cause I played it first and then I synced it up to the backing track later. But with the palm muted part I did screw up a bit with the rhythm. And I'm trying to play while standing up all the time now so i can get better at it for when I eventually join a band. If all goes well, this is my future.