Page 1 of 2
I was just thinking; if aliens exist will the Bible be (re) re-interpreted to cater for their existence?

And because they would have no knowledge of Jesus (in the same way that people who live in remote areas have no knowledge of him - and they live on Earth!) could/should they be converted to Christianity if they are intelligent and can communicate?

My hypothesis is (using slavery in the US as a template) that while some denominations will condone the inevitable attack upon the aliens, some will welcome them into the fold.

But who is right?

Basically: Are human religions for humans only? Because if God created us in his image then surely we are better than (presumably heathen) aliens - so I say an alien can be as much a Christian as an octopus.
So you're wondering if god is an alien on another planet?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
I'm going to go on a limb and say no.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Well, the bible doesnt have to explain every single thing in the universe. just what's gonna directly affect people.
Shut up, Mr. Scientology...

But to answer your question, if this did happen, then 2001: A Space Odyssey would be the new bible...
Quote by devourke
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Well Taz is just full retard
I think you'll find that the more acceptable term is "australian"

Funniest Exchange i've read on UG

I would have consensual relations with Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Call me Dean or Vill
Quote by led hot zep pep
quite simply aliens exist god however does not

You have no proof for either statement.

As I have no proof for the converse.

As in, agnosticism is the only "true" religion.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I don't think they are mutually exclusive.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Presumably if the aliens found us (we won't find them yet because our technology isn't good enough), they would be of much higher intelligence and at a higher state of advancement than humanity

In other words they would long since have forgotten any sense of some primitive religion. Let alone ours. Personally I find that even trying to apply religion to people does no good, let alone aliens.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by led hot zep pep
if god is an alien then there is no heaven/hell

Have you ever seen the film Event Horizon?
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

I would have thought aliens would directly effect people...

And what if the aliens think God created them in his image and that their octopus prophet died to save the sins of everyone in the universe - and tried to convert us to their religion? Is it possible for a human to become part of an alien religion?

If it's like Buddhism - yes. Actually... I think aliens could be convertible to Buddhism.
..and this is the first time someone has accused me of being a $cientologist. I didn't realise I was furthering their evil agenda.
Contact with aliens will most likely end up with what I call, "The Columbus Effect". Just like when Colombus and spaniards as well came upon America and the Natives were in awe of their technologies, but little did they know they were in for a slaughter and mass conversion of their beliefs.
Quote by \m/_Chair_\m/
So you're wondering if god is an alien on another planet?

this
VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
Quote by theAccursed
..and this is the first time someone has accused me of being a $cientologist. I didn't realise I was furthering their evil agenda.

I'm not sending you any money bitch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by theAccursed
I just want to give you a free personality test, no strings attached...

I ain't got no personality bitch.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I don't think they are mutually exclusive.

+1
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by barden1069
+1

... and why not. I can think of at least one reason why they are mutually exclusive - the Eartho-centric Bible.
Last edited by theAccursed at Nov 4, 2009,
Quote by bendystraw
I won't let no dirty Prawns in my church.

fookin prawns
What are you dense?
Are you retarded or something?
Who the hell do you think I am?
I'm the goddamn Batman.

April 19th, 2011: The Night of the Boob

I always imagined aliens would have a far superior intellectual capabilite then that of humans, therefore i think they would not feel that need to follow the rules of a fairy tale to make themselves feel better about who they are, and to assure themselves that someone is taking care of them.
Day after day, love turns gray. Like the skin on a dying man.

I, feel

Cold as a razor blade
Tight as a tourniquet
Dry as a funeral drum

PSN: Allshalperish
Steam ID: Fiesal

Check out my band!
meh its plausible that aliens would have different religions that are similar to ours, different profit and a different name for god. hell we have that here.
muslims and christianity.
hell most monothiestic religions and even polythiestic have the same core values in a god.
Quote by epiless
meh its plausible that aliens would have different religions that are similar to ours, different profit and a different name for god. hell we have that here.
muslims and christianity.
hell most monothiestic religions and even polythiestic have the same core values in a god.

If humans have the same moral compass no matter what religion they are, wouldn't that suggest that we don't need a god to dictate morality to us?

Even chimpanzee's mourn their dead and frown on theft and murder within their monkey-tribes - and they're athiests.
Quote by theAccursed
If humans have the same moral compass no matter what religion they are, wouldn't that suggest that we don't need a god to dictate morality to us?

Even chimpanzee's mourn their dead and frown on theft and murder within their monkey-tribes - and they're athiests.

Have you ever asked a monkey that question? Hell, they could be worshipping some crazy lovechild of Donkey Kong and Jesus for all we know
Aliens mean that the organized religions of earth are wrong, but it does not necessarily disprove the existence of a god. I'm an atheist though, so it don't matter to me
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Ive always toyed with the idea that aliens have been with us for quite some time now, just look at some biblical art:

http://www.aliencrossing.com/alien-evidence-in-religious-art/

I'm not supporting these theories in any way, but merely amusing myself with the possibilities. Also, study closely the Mayan civilization and Nazi technology. There could be strong arguments for extra-terrestrial influence in human history.

Also, Riley Martin is a great guy to listen to. If you have Sirius satellite radio, listen to his show Mondays at 7 on Howard 100. He talks about his life with aliens and his mission to inform people of their existence in an attempt to gain them access to the mothership when the world is destroyed in 2012.

All very very fun things to research haha.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Contact with aliens will most likely end up with what I call, "The Columbus Effect". Just like when Colombus and spaniards as well came upon America and the Natives were in awe of their technologies, but little did they know they were in for a slaughter and mass conversion of their beliefs.

Sounds like The Covenant to me.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

A belief in any God/Creator does not equal the same belief for extra terrestrial life. Neither are even closely linked, so how would extra terrestrials (assuming that they were proven to be real) prove that there is a God/Creator?
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
I do not believe in the existence of aliens other then bacteria
if they do exsist they're probably not intelligent probably like animals
if we do find intelligent life outside of earth which 99% sure we wont we'll (earthlings) probably try to kill them or something
If aliens exist then that does not disprove god.

But those Christians are sure going to look foolish!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
You have no proof for either statement.

As I have no proof for the converse.

As in, agnosticism is the only "true" religion.

Agnosticism is atheism for pussies.
Page 1 of 2