....I tuned a guitar with a floyd rose down to drop A#? The reason being is all my guitars have broken E strings except my floyd and I want to play some In Flames stuff and I was just curious if this would harm the floyd at all or if it would would just sound horrible. Thanks.

Also if it matters, its a 1989 Kramer with an original floyd. I don't know if that would have any effect or not.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
If you tune it to something other than what it is set for you will have to set it up for the new tuning. But other than that it will be fine.
Quote by melton100
If you tune it to something other than what it is set for you will have to set it up for the new tuning. But other than that it will be fine.

Well...I had it set up for E, but then I f***ed with the tuning and now its not set correctly for E. So am I good then?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Go see U2, then you can say you contributed money to Bono's giant Irish tower built out of the blood, tears, and the hopes of African children.
maybe just tune it, play it and find out.......??
Lyrics: Time wasted between solos.

After a mindboggling 3-hour Steve Vai concert, I had to listen to some brainless guitar playing... so I put on Nevermind...

Jesus Rocks!
If you had it set for E standard before it should still be set for it unless you did something to the bridge.
Did you mess with anything other than the tuning?
I may have, I don't remember.
Quote by RU Experienced?
You'll probably have to take out a spring
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Other than your strings feeling very loose and the potential for fret buzz if you don't adjust the truss rod and intonation, you should be fine.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
But you are going to have to re-setup the bridge for that tuning. Do you know how to change tunings on a floyd?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
this type of thread is better answered "if you have to ask, the answer is no."

take your guitar to a shop and have it set up for whatever tuning your trying to play in, then dont change the tuning on that guitar unless you have it re-setup.