Hi, I put my tune o matic backwards :P

at least I have put only the low E string, my question is.. is there a problem using the tune o matic backwards?

Thanks
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
The problem is that it's not meant to be used that way. The saddles are shaped so the string fits best the right way around. I'd loosen the string and flip it back.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

your intonation will have to be reset. and then you wont be able to get a screw driver in there the adjust it because the screw heads will be facing the wrong way. Loosen up the string, pull it over sideways and slip the bridge off and turn it around. you don't want to leave it
The amount of work it will take you to flip it will be nothing compared to the amount of work it will take you to maintain it.
Quote by The_Bosstone
The amount of work it will take you to flip it will be nothing compared to the amount of work it will take you to maintain it.

+1

Depending on the make too it may or may not be tougher to reach the screws that control the intonation on each string as well. You might also be at a greater risk for string breakage if the tops of the string saddles are facing the incorrect way.
I'll remove the string and flip the bridge
Thanks everyone
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
on some bridges it's actually easier to reach the screws when the bridge is flipped.

maintaining it wouldnt be the problem.

you just have to set the intonation at the start.
but tbh, you'll have to do that even if you flip it back at this point, it'll still be off, just not as much.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Personally I would have just played it for about 2 weeks with the guitar sounding a little funny, and just change the saddle when you change the strings again.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Theres not really a backwards on a TOM. It will function screws toward pickups or away. If you had the intonation set then you will most likely have to set it again. The saddles dont have to be one way or the other.