Just thought I'd show off my stuff a bit since I'm new here

Heres my whole Setup:

Gibson SG Standard 2009 (ebony)

I added a bunch of little mods to this guitar, here they are:
Schaller Straplocks
White SpeedKnobs
White/Black/White 3-ply Pickguard
Tonepros Locking Tailpiece and TOM Bridge
Seymour Duncan SH-6 Distortion (Black/White)
Stainless Steel Truss Rod Cover (w/ my last name on it)
Kluson/Tonepros TPK33 Locking Tuners

Tuned to D Standard (dAFCGD) w/ D'Addario Med Top/Hvy Bottom Strings (11-52)

My Rig Setup:
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet (ordered! on the way!)
Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics.
Nice rig

Welcome to ug!

There's a stickie for posting rigs a few above you, but that's a nice rig you got.

Just thought i'd let you know about the stickies

Never knew ebony sgs were so damn sexy either!
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Very tasty! Been considering a Vader 2x12 with a Peavey 6505 for a while now. Don't have the funds for either, but it's always fun.

Hope it rocks as hard as I think it does!
Amps
Randall RG50TC, Roland Cube 15x

Guitar
LTD MH-100QM, Washburn X12

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Quote by WinterSteel
Very tasty! Been considering a Vader 2x12 with a Peavey 6505 for a while now. Don't have the funds for either, but it's always fun.

Hope it rocks as hard as I think it does!

Oh it does. The Vader has bass response like no other cabinet I have ever heard before. It gives the 6505 the bass that it really lacks with some other cabinets. Its no where on the level of say, a Recto, but its definitely a very thick sound now
Man, that SG .

-----------------------------------------------

Blog (mostly in spanish...)

Current favorite bands:

6. Cave In
5. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
4. Sparta
3. Biffy Clyro
2. Muse
1. Coheed and Cambria
Quote by Antoine-Øleg
Man, that SG .

Thanks!

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Its absolutely crushing through my setup.
My sig and your rig makes me chuckle
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13

Brent Hinds = Freakin awesome

SG's might not weight as much as a LP, but they have the high end bite that the LP's just don't get. Not to mention they don't break your back either.

I love SG's

I actually plan on getting another SG Standard in white to contrast this guitar. I'm debating about throwing EMG's in the second one or another duncan distortion
I'd love a '61 Reissue with a P90 in the bridge and a '59 in the neck...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--

This w/ a p90 would be hot as hell

Or gold EMG's

I like the smaller pickguard on the 61's a lot better than the huge modern one
Quote by CatharsisStudio
stay away from vadercabs they are super thin when it comes to recording em

other then that SIIIICK gear

I've actually had no problem getting a nice thick tone out of them. Once I get my profile up and running here I'll show you what I'm talking about.

Its probably because I'm a mids lover. I never scoop them because I love the punchy sound they have.

It really is a great sounding setup IMO so long as you dial in the amp to work with the strengths of the cab
Quote by CatharsisStudio
ever mic a mesa ? check my profile all of it is done witha mesa 4x12

I just did, I love your tones

Probably the reason I can get by w/ a vader cab is that the bassist in my band always has a very full sound and tends to fill up the low end that I might be lacking. The other guitarist in my band plays an Engl Fireball through a Marshall Cab that has some decent low end too.
sick rig

i'm loving that sg
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Apothecurious
I've actually had no problem getting a nice thick tone out of them. Once I get my profile up and running here I'll show you what I'm talking about.

Its probably because I'm a mids lover. I never scoop them because I love the punchy sound they have.

It really is a great sounding setup IMO so long as you dial in the amp to work with the strengths of the cab
I'm glad to hear that you don't scoop your mids. There's some huge hate around here for scooped mids.

Nice rig, btw.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I'm glad to hear that you don't scoop your mids. There's some huge hate around here for scooped mids.

Nice rig, btw.

Thanks!

I found that playing live I really hate to scoop anything because you just get lost in the mix too easily. It gives the guitar a nice punchy tone and really lets it come alive. People are just plain able to hear guitar mids much better than highs (which are just plain annoying sometimes) and lows, which get caught up with the bass and bass drum
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard (modded)
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor
D'Addario Strings
Dunlop Picks
Quote by Apothecurious
Thanks!

I found that playing live I really hate to scoop anything because you just get lost in the mix too easily. It gives the guitar a nice punchy tone and really lets it come alive. People are just plain able to hear guitar mids much better than highs (which are just plain annoying sometimes) and lows, which get caught up with the bass and bass drum
I agree. Cutting through is such a pain when you scoop your mids.
Slightly off topic, but I'm a bit curious.

You said that the Vader cab gave you the lower end punch that the 6505 was lacking. Does it still retain clarity with said punch, or rather, is the tone still fairly tight? I figure the cab's got a pretty decent bass response, so I'm hoping it wouldn't get too muddy.

Just trying to get a few tonal things sorted for information's sake.
Amps

Guitar

Effects and Etc.
Ibanez Weeping Demon, Boss FV-500H, Ibanez TS7, Ibanez PH7, dbx 31-band EQ, ISP Decimator
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
I agree. Cutting through is such a pain when you scoop your mids.

Actually... scooping is the act of cutting mids...

it doesn't say how much.

The scooped tone has its place... and if you have a 2nd guitarist... having a scoop sound provides a good contrast.

Just don't go -20db on your mids.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by WinterSteel
Slightly off topic, but I'm a bit curious.

You said that the Vader cab gave you the lower end punch that the 6505 was lacking. Does it still retain clarity with said punch, or rather, is the tone still fairly tight? I figure the cab's got a pretty decent bass response, so I'm hoping it wouldn't get too muddy.

Just trying to get a few tonal things sorted for information's sake.

Its extremely tight, especially with more mids involved. A very punchy tone IMO. The cabinet is not muddy by any stretch of the word. I highly recommend it.
Gear:
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor
D'Addario Strings
Dunlop Picks
Quote by stratman_13

Come on now, Jesse. Do we really have to go through the whole conversation about your sig again!?

TS: Welcome to UG
Welcome to UG man!

sick rig as well.
I now want to buy a SG

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
A 6505 with a 2x15 Vader cab on the way? Sick man, that much bass could kill babies. Its good to see a new guy who isn't a noob and isn't asking us about MG's for the billionth time.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Nice SG. Looks one hell of a lot better than my Epiphone SG G-400 (which is also ebony) .
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by TOMMYB22
A 6505 with a 2x15 Vader cab on the way? Sick man, that much bass could kill babies. Its good to see a new guy who isn't a noob and isn't asking us about MG's for the billionth time.

Lol thanks a lot. I can imagine you probably get that around here a lot, "omg i played a Line 6 Spider III and it is the BEST AMP EV3RR!!!111"

I used to be like that until I played a tube amp. Then everything changed.

And yes, I ordered the 2x15 last week. Should hopefully be here within a few weeks as they make them to order.
Gear:
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor
D'Addario Strings
Dunlop Picks
Your rig is beautiful and it makes me happy. I cry tears of joy when I think of the beautiful sounds issuing forth from the bosom of your Peavey 6505.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by Apothecurious
Its extremely tight, especially with more mids involved. A very punchy tone IMO. The cabinet is not muddy by any stretch of the word. I highly recommend it.

Sweet, thanks for the response! At the moment, I'm running a fairly muddy amp (Randall RG50TC), but I know that even if I get a cab and it doesn't benefit me right now, it will when I upgrade.

Looks like my cab decision just got easier. Sorry for jacking the thread, though; just got really interested.

Still drooling over the rig, though.
Amps

Guitar

Effects and Etc.
Quote by eyebanez333
Welcome!

Thats a sick rig! You not use the Phase 90 and Tubescreamer much?

That SG =

That's not a Phase 90. It's a Distortion III.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Sweet rig you got there!
Quote by Apothecurious

Totally agree with you there - the first time the people of UG told me to scoop my mids, I did, and then I thought they must be telling me to turn them up, it sounded so great with higher mids. Then they taught me how to EQ properly and I realised that scooped mids do sound pretty good, but IMO I like mids at around 12 o clock and treble/bass 3-4 o clock. So kind of partially scooped.
thanks for all the responses guys!

1. yes i do play metal, lots of it, I'm really into the whole Gojira thing right now

2. Its not a phase 90, its a MXR Distortion III (looks really similar though)

3. I don't really use the Dist III or the TS9 anymore. I used to boost the 6505 w/ the TS9 but once I changed out the bridge pup in my SG and I EQ'd the amp properly, I just found that it was unneeded.

The Dist III I use primarily to boost the clean channel on my Orange Rocker 30 Head. I'll post a pic of that here in a sec
Gear:
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 2x12 Cabinet
Vader 2x15 Cabinet
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
ISP Decimator Suppressor
D'Addario Strings
Dunlop Picks
Quote by Apothecurious

The Dist III I use primarily to boost the clean channel on my Orange Rocker 30 Head. I'll post a pic of that here in a sec

WANT!!!!!!!

Also, i was kinda joking about the metal question.....it's fairly obvious with the gear you have.
Page 1 of 2