i have finished a randy build, im going to post picks later but i think that ive lost the neck plate and its not an estandarnd one, its from an old crappy friends guitar so it is imposible to get one, so my cuestion is do i really need a neeck plate becouse my two ibanez dont have one and can you give me any info to do it right, thanks
Since you dont have a neck plate, you can use these instead, I think some ibanezes use them
Impossible is Nothing
Quote by blandguitar
my ibby don't have a plate. ferrules on the other hand, that it has

fsr I thought they did something different, but I looked at some ibanezes and they had the ferrules
Impossible is Nothing
Ferrules are a lot easier to use as a matter of fact; they free up where you can put your bolts.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Ferrules are a lot easier to use as a matter of fact; they free up where you can put your bolts.

but i have no money left, can i do it with no ferrules or they add strength or something?
Quote by elfercho92
but i have no money left, can i do it with no ferrules or they add strength or something?

i wouldn't suggest it. one it won't look good. two, it stops the bolts from digging into the heel. the ferrules won't be that much. you don't have to order from stew mac
Quote by elfercho92
i have finished a randy build, im going to post picks later but i think that ive lost the neck plate and its not an estandarnd one, its from an old crappy friends guitar so it is imposible to get one, so my cuestion is do i really need a neeck plate becouse my two ibanez dont have one and can you give me any info to do it right, thanks
You don't 'need' a neck plate, but it does a better job of distributing the force from the screws over a larger area. And the screw heads have less friction against the plate when you tighten them, than they would against wood.

Ferrules are another option. More attractive, but less effective than a plate.
Quote by elfercho92
Hell, you can glue the neck and just nail the dammed thing in place if you wanna go cheap. Won't be worth a shit, but it'll cost less.

srsly man, you wanna cheap-out and omit dime-store parts on a build? makes no sense.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
You need something in there for the screw heads to press against. They would tend to sink into the wood otherwise loosening the whole neck in the process. Also without a ferrule or plate to spread the pressure over more area may actually break the corner off the heel where the 1 screw is so close to the edge.

So yes you need a plate or ferrules.
Ferrules are gonna look better than regular washers from a hardware store. But for use as a washer no real difference.