so, my mom just bought me an esteban acoustic guitar and i want to know whether i should keep it or send it back. some good things that i noticed about it are that it has a wood (not plastic ) neck and as far as i can tell the body isnt made of ply-wood. some things i dont like about it is that it has pretty high action. is there a way to lower the action on an acoustic guitar? heres a link to its page on HSN

http://media.hsn.com/esteban-vintage-legacy-signed-custom-series-33-piece-set_p-5739172_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=5739172&sf=m&attr=1042&ocm=m|1042&prev=hp!1042&ccm=m|1042#BVRRWidgetID

so, should i keep it or maybe send it back? thanks.
my gear:
sansamp liverpool
sansamp gt2
fender standard strat
squire vintage modified precision bass
laguna sunburst bass
acoustic b100
ehx bass big muff pi
Estebans are pretty crappy guitars and are mass produced to a pretty low standard as compared to others. You might get one out of a hundred that plays decent out of the box, but it's still going to be a laminated cheapo guitar. Might be ok for a kid to bang around on, but don't get serious about it.
Copy his discs and send it back.

His DVD has some neat tips for playing flamenco etc. Then go to a Pawn shop with the same money and buy something halfway decent used.
Estebans are basically toys. Send it back and get a Seagull or a Yamaha.

BTW, it basically is plywood, but the ply's have been hidden under thick black paint.
i assure you it IS plywood, and no guitar has a plastic neck so it's not amazing that it doesn't have one. estabans are possibly the lowest of the low when it comes to guitars, but i hear his disks are actually quite good.

btw, if you opt to keep it there should be a way to lower the action, but there's no way to be 100% sure from their pic.
Send that QVC guitar straight to hell. I had a Estaban acoustic and it was a horrible piece of shit. No amount of work would make the thing playable. Ended up being used as firewood.

It's really funny if you have seen his QVC program making these things out to be high end Martins when in fact they are pieces of dog shit/
--Gear--

5 piece blonde sparkle Gretch drum kit

-Drummers need their own forum-
Last edited by Phil Collins at Nov 6, 2009,
Quote by poopgift
so, should i keep it or maybe send it back? thanks.
If you can send it back without it being an insult to your mom, by all means do.
They're all hype and no substance. really not worth it.

Quote by poopgift
my mom just bought me an esteban acoustic guitar
Well, her heart was in the right place anyway. Give her a big hug for trying, yeah?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
nice response

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
If you can send it back without it being an insult to your mom, by all means do.
They're all hype and no substance. really not worth it.

Well, her heart was in the right place anyway. Give her a big hug for trying, yeah?
Well the TV. commercial isn,t all that bad if that makes things ferel better