my younger sister really wants some new music and has every genre except techno. could the pit be so kind as to provide me with some good techno "bands" for her???
Well. If she thinks she has every genre but techno, then I'm pretty sure she means everything but electronic music and has no idea what techno is. And, if she doesn't know the difference between techno and electronic music in general, then I doubt she has every other genre.
no, but google probably could

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
speaking of techno, whats the name of the song that chorus is very similar to sandstorm, but the notes or whatever are more drawn out. if you know what i mean please speak up
Quote by Spab
You can't go wrong with Infected Mushroom.

Except there's stuff so much better

Try the techno and dance thread in the bands and artists forum

What kind of electronica? Trance? Dance? Hardcore? House?
This is what I listen to:
The Bloody Beetroots
Justice
Deadmau5
The Toxic Avenger
Steve Aoki

Some older stuff too like Crystal Method and Daftpunk

I listen to a lot more, but this is basic basic stuff. If she's into these, then she can find out about other smaller artists like Robert Miles and Deepforces.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by Macabre_Turtle
Well. If she thinks she has every genre but techno, then I'm pretty sure she means everything but electronic music and has no idea what techno is. And, if she doesn't know the difference between techno and electronic music in general, then I doubt she has every other genre.

+1 I was about to say this.
Quote by Macabre_Turtle

true true true. Electronic music is way broader than anything though. It's not like rock. Rock is pretty damn general, but electronic is broader imo. Electronic is really good shit. I like trance, hard trance, freeform (hardcore), hardstyle, and stuff that I mentioned before.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Just make her stamp her foot in 4/4 time and go UNCE, UNCE, UNCE for 3-10 minutes while her friends can slam a synthesizer against a wall.

/stereotypical view

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Kraftwerk
Yello
Vangelis
New Order
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Locust Toybox

All of his stuff is for free download on his site.

Good stuff too, even if you don't really like the genre that much, he's pretty unique.
Bag Raiders?
Calvin Harris, though he's more a dance act.
He's bloody good though.

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by Macabre_Turtle

This.

Reading OP makes me

Check out di.fm/edmguide so she can figure out just what the heck she likes, because 'techno' tells you nothing used in this context.

Then go to Bands and Artists forum, to the Other section, and look at the electronic music thread.
Check out Angerfist, they're pretty hardstyle and make some hard-hitting beats, but I don't know if that's the style of Techno you're looking for,

Forum Archives / About / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2006