So here's my situation. Today, I bought a really beat up Harmony guitar with no strings and some other problems for 25 bucks in a pawn shop. I personally think it looks really cool, but there are some problems.

First, I had to replace the nut at the top which i will have to sand down a bit cause it makes the action really high.

The guitars tuners are crap, and only actually has 4 tuners for the 4 lowest strings. Since it's already a dumpy guitar and i play rhythm in a punk band, I figure I don't need the e and b string anyway, right? Thing is everything is buzzy and sounds like a butthole. Is it impossible to play without all 6? Or can I do some adjusting and get it to work? Either way, it's an awesome guitar
Just slap some spare tuners on there. You'll need them for one reason or another.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
I guess I will, will that help? Also the action is terrible and the truss rod doesn't seem to be doing much...
you should still give it a basic set up, tuners arent too expensive, i think only having 4 strings would warp the neck
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
I think only having 4 strings after a while, could warp the neck which is not an easy fix if even possible warped that way.

The truss rod probably isn't doing anything as there is only 4 strings so there's not enough tension to bow the neck.

If your familiar with setting up a guitar, head over to guitarfetish.com, they have a bunch of cheap parts of decent quality, buy what you need, a new set of strings , rewire it, and make it a keeper.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by motleyglam82
The guitars tuners are crap, and only actually has 4 tuners for the 4 lowest strings. Since it's already a dumpy guitar and i play rhythm in a punk band, I figure I don't need the e and b string anyway, right? Thing is everything is buzzy and sounds like a butthole. Either way, it's an awesome guitar

You just stated so many things that would make the guitar horrible but you call it an awesome guitar . More power to you if you like it though
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
thanks.

and penguin, I do love it. i walked in and was like... that's the most punk piece of crap I've ever seen. gotta have it!
The action probably sucks since the tension is missing from 2 of the strings. I'd pick up some cheap tuners and replace the strings, then adjust the action.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
If you only want 4 strings i would play the bass, but like everyone said tuners aren't all that expensive and a nut isn't either. Might as well have a properly working guitar if you want to play actual chords and do some lead work here and there in the future.