Hey guys,
The title might be misleading, but i know how to palm mute. The only problem im having it being able to do it at a fast rate for a long period of time. At a certain point, my forearm just stiffens and gives in. do you guys have any tips for this problem?
dont be so tense when palm muting loosen up arm you can also strum up and down when palm muting and still get that sound if your only doing it on one string
get some god damn stamina....
omg why is my arm hurting????
cuz its weak and you need to make it stronger.
just do alternate picking. at first it might sound weird but then you can get it right
You're being your own worst enemy, you're tensing up from thinking "whomgimabouttoplayfastohno!". Also, you may just not have the physical endurance, but relaxing will help, no joke, loosen up and take deep breaths when you play. Hope that helped.
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
thanks guys. that actually helped.

j-mac, plz if you're not going to help, just refrain from saying anything. you sound like a self righteous jerk. "get some god damn stamina" and "cause its weak and you need to make it stronger"? really? thats like saying the economy is bad we need to make it better. HOW?! next time think about what you say before you blurt out something any five year old could deduce.
Quote by j-mac71

I dont understand people like you who use God's name in vain for no reason. Not only that but he is asking for help and your making fun of him? Who raised you
what kind of palm muting is best for metal?
cut off some guys hand and place it under the strings. brutal low end bro.
a while ago a i bought mark tremonti's DVD. he offered some decent advice on palm muting. i havent watched it in a while, but i think i remember him talking about practicing straight upstrokes too. it feels weird to do just pm'ed ups but its kinda fun.

also, +1 to not tensing your arm up. obviously you gotta hang onto the pick and you dont want it slipping while your playing, but just make it a point to not tense your arm like you would if you were to flex your bicep.

also, i recently was informed of a slightly different way to hold the pick that seems to work really well for long PM sections. ill take photos tmr because right now im REALLY sleepy and cant explain it neither.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Quote by j-mac71

Even though you sound rather prickish in this post, I have to agree with you.

TS: The only way you'll get past this is to push yourself a little more each time and eventually you're forearm will get use to it.

Its the same concept as learning any technique - go until you're muscle gets tired and push yourself just a slight bit more.

Quote by summguy
just do alternate picking. at first it might sound weird but then you can get it right

Alt. picking is for the weak. MWAHAHA

Quote by TheBrownPenguin
I dont understand people like you who use God's name in vain for no reason. Not only that but he is asking for help and your making fun of him? Who raised you

Seriously dude, chill out - its only the internet. Your religion offends me but you don't see me freaking out over it, do you?