Hello everyone. Every since the beginning of 9th grade school year I have wanted to join a band. Now I am in 10th grade and about 2 weeks ago my friend invited me to join a band that he was starting. It was him-bassist, his friend-guitar,his other friend-drummer and me guitar. I accepted and thought wow I'm finally in a band this is so cool. So for the past week or so me and bassist have been exchanging riffs that we have recorded through our phones. Then for about a week we didn't talk about the band at all, then one day he told me that the drummer didn't want to be in a band anymore for some reason (I still don't know why but he had a PA system so that sucks for us). Then today I asked him what we were going to do about the band, and he said the band is over, I asked him twice why it's over (once through a txt message, once on facebook IM) and he hasn't answered, I think he's scared to answer for some reason or he's just being a dick. Either way I feel disrespected. So now I'm going to try and start a new band, I know 2 drummers that could probably join and I know a few guitarist and bassist. Should I let the bassist back in, because it feels like he isn't a friend anymore, he ignores my messages, he blew off a practice because he said he was busy even though I had scheduled it probably a week in advance, and whenever I ask him if he wants to practice he doesn't respond.

Sorry if this story isn't interesting but I just needed to say this. Thanks for reading this.
Last edited by avafreak252 at Nov 4, 2009,
yeah go find a new group of people that are as keen as you to be in a band, screw the bassist
Quote by avafreak252
Hello everyone. Every since the beginning of 9th grade school year I have wanted to join a band. Now I am in 10th grade and about 2 weeks ago my friend invited me to join a band that he was starting. It was him-bassist, his friend-guitar,his other friend-drummer and me guitar. I accepted and thought wow I'm finally in a band this is so cool. So for the past week or so me and bassist have been exchanging riffs that we have recorded through our phones. Then for about a week we didn't talk about the band at all, then one day he told me that the drummer didn't want to be in a band anymore for some reason (I still don't know why but he had a PA system so that sucks for us). Then today I asked him what we were going to do about the band, and he said the band is over, I asked him twice why it's over (once through a txt message, once on facebook IM) and he hasn't answered, I think he's scared to answer for some reason or he's just being a dick. Either way I feel disrespected.
Don't make any assumptions. All you know is he hasn't returned your messages. Nothing to lose sleep over.
Don't bother pursuing it farther.

Quote by avafreak252
So now I'm going to try and start a new band, I know 2 drummers that could probably join and I know a few guitarist and bassist. Should I let the bassist back in, because it feels like he isn't a friend anymore, he ignores my messages, he blew off a practice because he said he was busy even though I had scheduled it probably a week in advance, and whenever I ask him if he wants to practice he doesn't respond.
Don't hold a grudge against the bassist. If you can work with someone else, just do that. Since he wasn't responsive to your messages, etc, your first choice should be someone who feel you can count on. If your new band works, great. But don't be a dick to the old bassist. Just enjoy working with the new band. Simple, really.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah I guess I was a little close minded making assumptions like that. I just talked to him again and the reason for the band disbanding was "I'm gay", he wasn't being serious about his sexual preference he just says that when he doesn't want to say something so yeah, he doesn't want to tell me for some reason and I'm not going to make him tell me. Thanks for your advice, tomorrow I'm going to ask people if they interested in joining a band and hope that this next project goes better. G'night.