Just got a JB in the mail that i traded my CE-3 for and it sounds fantastic! So much more articulate than the stock INF's! I only got to try it on my Line 6 spider practice amp so far since my Mesa's tubes are blown. However, I can hear so much harmonics and clarity, and overall BALLS in my sound. Very satisfied

I value good pickups from now on!!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Happy new gear! It will sound much better on your mesa lol, poor soul having to test it on the spider.

I had a jb in my g-400 but I've been through like 6 different ones in that guitar lol, settled for a cheap one I found on ebay :0 HNPD!
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
errrr..

No pics?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
errrr..

No pics?

i took a picture for this thread with my grandmas old phone but when i tried to email it to myself i discovered she disabled texting!

just imagine this:

into this:

BTW, I completely wired it wrong. After 30 minutes of fumbling with solder and ruining many cables and having to solder together pieces of wire from the old pickup, i finally looked up a guide. Tried to follow 2 different guides 2 times each. Ruined more wire, still didnt sound right.

Ultimately, I started by grounding both pickups, and soldering everything until i heard noise. I finally got it!! Even the 3 way switch worked, and theres no hum!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Dear god, the cleans! THE CLEANS!!

I can articulate EVERY note i'm playing! It's so clear, it's like i'm listening to a goddamn cd! WHY DIDNT I GET A NEW PICKUP EARLIER!??!

THE DISTORTION!!!

I can play a full 6 string chord and articulate EVERY note in the chord!! No longer a muddy mess of shit, where the ONLY way to get articulation was to play no more than 2 notes at a time. I love this thing! I have so much power! I can NOT wait to get new tubes for my Mesa!!

How'd you guys like some clips? I recently received an e609, and tomorrow I'm going to buy a used mixer I found off craigslist.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Last edited by injected at Nov 5, 2009,
very cool what kind of mesa are you playing it through?

HNPD
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
It's a DC-5. Sounds BLAH through my stock inf's. I tried a couple of ESP's with I dont know what kind of pickups, but it just kicked the mesa in the ass and made it start sounding like some kind of amazing sound machine. I expect the same results once i get it running again
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Quote by injected
i took a picture for this thread with my grandmas old phone but when i tried to email it to myself i discovered she disabled texting!

just imagine this:

into this:

I don't have a good imagination...

Pics or die.
Congrats!
It's amazing what new pickups can do when it is a crappy pickup holding you back from great tone.
Warning- I wouldn't usually post a new gear thread unless you have pics ready.

Congrats!!!!!

HNPD

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I don't have a good imagination...

Pics or die.

+1
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
i know..i dont like opening new gear threads without pics, this is the first time i have. I took one but like i said theres no way to get it off the phone >((
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Totally read JB backwards. Was gonna congratulate you on that, but... nice pup, anyway.
HNPD! I actually just took a JB out of my Jackson to put in a Super Distortion instead, but it's a damn good pickup. Enjoy
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by FlightofIcarus
HNPD! I actually just took a JB out of my Jackson to put in a Super Distortion instead, but it's a damn good pickup. Enjoy

Wanna send me that JB??
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Wanna send me that JB??
Haha, I already sold it, I'm afraid.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Wanna send me that JB??

i gave mine away. you should have asked sooner.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i gave mine away. you should have asked sooner.

I hate when I miss out on stuff like that! Someone like 3 weeks ago gave away a pair of unused Mesa 6L6 for free.. it was a for sale thread but he said "f*** it i dont need these first one to ask gets them free!"

Damn..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

yeah i mean, it was an ok pup, just didnt suit my style as much as the mini-humbucker i replaced it with.

i was going to remove it and the jazz i had in a guitar, prior to selling it, but tossed them in at no extra cost.

a really good deal i guess, as the guitar sold immediately.

good luck with the new gear
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/injected/

added a clip using a very old condenser microphone (with stereo 1/4 outputs, ha) Sound is not very full across the freq. spectrum, but i tried to tidy up with EQ. Will record with the e609 later when I get an XLR cable..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH