Mine has always been 1:45 (in actuality 1:49, but listen from at least 1:45), in Carrionshine by Cryptopsy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiAV6_YZQl8

And, lots of deathcore has sick sub-hit moments. One of my favourite bands for this is Hester Prynne.

So, post your favourite sub-hit!

[For those of you that don't know what a sub-hit is, the link I provided is an example. It's the deep, pitch-shifted "BOOM" under the start of a heavy part, generally a breakdown or the like.]
Gore AND Core; unite!
The Partisian Turbin for sure. And The Faceless.

How the HELL do they do those???? I wanna put some in my bands recordings lol
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
^ They're pretty awesome when you got your stereo with the bass up
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I am in agreement with octavarium78.

How on earth do they do those?
Quote by Metallica rulz
Hmm.. I've never heard of the term.. and from what I could tell from your link, it's not really that big of a deal lol. This shit is to heavy for me anyways, couldn't comprehend what was going on.

My example was cluttered - I mean, it IS Cryptopsy.

However, a well-done sub-hit is amazing. Listen to like, every breakdown / chug riff in say, Entombment of a Machine by Job for a Cowboy [HEY IT'S JUST FOR AN EXAMPLE DON'T CRUCIFY ME].
Gore AND Core; unite!
It's called a bass drop. It's a sample of an 808 kick drum. Just google 808 bass drop samples and you can find several quite easily. Short Bus Pile Up has some really badass ones on their new promo. When they do them live the drummer normally has some magic button or some shit. I can ask SBPU if you want to know.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by AA00P
I am in agreement with octavarium78.

How on earth do they do those?

Yeah, like Monolith said, they're samples from Roland's legendary TR-808 drum machine. The bass you hear in rap music? The stuff that makes the trunk rattle? Those are 808s, more or less. You basically just insert the sample over the music, I think. Live, the drummer normally has a drum pad to which samples can be set. You can play with them at Guitar Center- They usually have square rubber pads sitting on top of the actual device.
Hester Prynne is a song by As Blood Runs Black, not a band.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Hester Prynne is the protagonist of The Scarlet Letter, not a shitty XxMetalXCorexX ditty.
Well yes, I was aware of that, but I didn't think that had any relevance to this thread.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by DeusExMachina90
Hester Prynne is the protagonist of The Scarlet Letter, not a shitty XxMetalXCorexX ditty.

I love when people who know nothing about metalcore try to make fun of it by throwing x's all over their words.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Speaking of bass drops, Monolith or anybody else, can you guys rec me some slam death with good production a la Vomit the Soul?
Last edited by P1ayingW1thF1re at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by P1ayingW1thF1re
Speaking of bass drops, Monolith or anybody else, can you guys rec me some slam death with good production a la Vomit the Soul?

I just assumed the were another artsy lame wankery tech death band. That's good shit.

Short Bus Pile Up (specifically their new promo)
Cephalotripsy
Impulsive Evisceration
Crepitation
Intracranial Butchery
If you can overlook the horrible clicking kick drums of Infernal Revulsion and Gutted Out they're pretty good.
Infertile Surrogacy
Parasitic Extirpation
Abnormity
And of course www.myspace.com/projectterrorslam (shameless plug)

Some of said bands have a really home recorded feel to them, but nothing too bad.

edit: and Katalepsy
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Last edited by Monolith295 at Nov 5, 2009,
Devourment is all you need for slam.
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
Devourment is all you need for slam.

WROOOOOOOOONG!!!!

I also forgot to add Abominable Putridity to the list.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by Monolith295
WROOOOOOOOONG!!!!

haha, how about just

Devourment is great slam.

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
haha, how about just

Devourment is great slam.

Much better. Cept the new CD is kinda eh. It's not terrible, but definently not as good as the 6 year gap made it seem.

And this might seem like a completely idiotic complaint but I hate their bassist. All he does is get completely hammered and pound on his bass with his thumb while stumbling around like a goddamn mongoloid. Not interested in seeing a guy with a horse mask make an ass out of himself.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by Monolith295
guy with a horse mask make an ass out of himself.

irony?

also, I don't really know anything about what he plays and shit like that and I've only seen like one live video but I thought the mask was pretty funny. and I think Butcher The Weak but it's really nothing new, just seems like same old Devourment but with better production.

Sumdeus
Last edited by romencer17 at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by romencer17
irony?

also, I don't really know anything about what he plays and shit like that and I've only seen like one live video but I thought the mask was pretty funny. and I think Butcher The Weak but it's really nothing new, just seems like same old Devourment but with better production.

I didn't catch that irony thing

And I was actually talking about Unleash the Carnivore (didn't think Butcher the Weak came out in 2005). It's good, but nothing that thye didn't o on either of the CDs before.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
oh shit, I was actually talking about Unleash The Carnivore too

for some reason as I read your post I was trying to remember what the new one was called and was thinking "devour the weak, something like that I think...." so as soon as I looked up devourment on my itunes i saw butcher the weak and assumed that was it

yeh, Unleash The Carnivore is the meh one. Butcher The Weak kicks serious ass.

Sumdeus
Quote by romencer17
oh shit, I was actually talking about Unleash The Carnivore too

for some reason as I read your post I was trying to remember what the new one was called and was thinking "devour the weak, something like that I think...." so as soon as I looked up devourment on my itunes i saw butcher the weak and assumed that was it

yeh, Unleash The Carnivore is the meh one. Butcher The Weak kicks serious ass.

I've gotta listen to that now. Autoerotic Asphyxiation and Anal Electrocution have some of the most badass slam riffs on the planet.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Quote by GodofCheesecake

Hester Prynne is a band.
Get their new [and only] album, "The Goswell Divorce".
AMAZING "We don't take ourselves seriously we just love the music" deathcore.

And next time, perhaps take the effort to Google something before you correct someone.
Gore AND Core; unite!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
I'd hope nobody in death metal takes themselves too seriously. You honestly can't take it completely seriously, it's too cheesy.

As much as I love slam it's some of the goofiest shit ever.
Quote by ChemicalFire

Quote by GodofCheesecake

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
There's a great sub-hit in Misconceived by Suffocation. I don't think it's so much the sub-hit as it is the riff afterwards, but it's awesome.