albums/songs you feel your the only person in the world who understands

couldnt find any other thread like this, looked around quite a bit.

i sometimes feel like im the only person who really understood the existential angst of alice in chains' self titled album. particularly the second half, that everybody thinks is so boring, i thought that that was actually the emotion core of the album.

yeah so, how about you?
I can feel the future posts in this thread sapping my IQ already
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I actually really appreciated I-Empire by Angels and Airwaves ... at first I thought it was shithouse though. I was sort of going through a depressing suicidal stage, and picked it back off the shelf and gave it a good listen, and, it sounds stupid, but I think that helped me get back on track and stop being such a dickhead. That album, to me, will now always be very special.

*prepares for brutal flaming*

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by qwerty_555
I actually really appreciated I-Empire by Angels and Airwaves ... at first I thought it was shithouse though. I was sort of going through a depressing suicidal stage, and picked it back off the shelf and gave it a good listen, and, it sounds stupid, but I think that helped me get back on track and stop being such a dickhead. That album, to me, will now always be very special.

*prepares for brutal flaming*

No flaming, I-Empire is awesome
The new Seven album, Cymatics. I just know I'm the probably the only one who loves it this much

Then again, they aren't that big yet. Such a shame
Am I the only one who appreciates St Anger?

Not that Death Magnetic isn't better, but isn't St Anger better than the Black Album at least?
Anything by Sigur Ros. The immense beauty of it all. ಥ_ಥ

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I've heard lots of people say that High and Dry by Radiohead is about drug addiction, but to me it sounds much more as if it is to do with someone whose friend/lover has died
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
presidents of the united states - II

everyone thinks it sucks in comparison to the s/t. truth is, it's a lot more musically interesting to me. the melodies are a ton better. not to say the s/t isn't good. it's phenomenal. but II is their prime. "supermodel" is the GREATEST pop-rock song ever written in the history of the universe.
#DTWD
Quote by thegloaming

i sometimes feel like im the only person who really understood the existential angst of alice in chains' self titled album. particularly the second half, that everybody thinks is so boring, i thought that that was actually the emotion core of the album.

yeah so, how about you?

as far as relating to that album i dunno, but ive always defined the album and their sound when they were a seattle band with the last few songs on that album. the last song is awesome. on topic, i feel theres more albums i dont understand that i try really hard to understand, like a lot of krautrock albums, brian eno albums, bowie albums, kraftwerk, all that stuff. i can see the potential but i dont get how people say theyre works of ****ing art.

edit: though captain beefheart is one i really understand
Last edited by None_More_Black at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by jetwash69

Not that Death Magnetic isn't better, but isn't St Anger better than the Black Album at least?

i think the problem with fans of a band is that they never want the band to experiment and step out of their "successful boundaries"

i personally feel that st. anger was actually a fun album.. albeit a thoroughly non-classic-metallica one.. just some shit to play while you throw yourselves against the wall of your room...

bring on the flaming.. sigh
Quote by MHDrunk
I can feel the future posts in this thread sapping my IQ already

was my post all that bad? i think i i have a fairly well-rounded interpretation of the music i listen to, both in terms of lyrical meaning and harmonic analysis.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Anything by Sigur Ros. The immense beauty of it all. ಥ_ಥ

Amen. But I think it's more the other way around, that Sigur Ros actually brings out understanding or at least awareness in their listeners. Is this making sense?
Quote by Le_Bunny
Amen. But I think it's more the other way around, that Sigur Ros actually brings out understanding or at least awareness in their listeners. Is this making sense?

Good point, but that's only if you really sit down and listen to them. I'm sure if a couple of their songs shuffled on whilst my mates were around, they'd change it. Different songs, different moods though

Although untitled #8 can be played anytime.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by thegloaming

yeah so, how about you?

AIC was the first band who came to mind when i saw the title of this post. The song sludge factory from that album is the one that speaks to me the most.
You can hear the despair in laynes voice
Quote by jetwash69

No...

But 1 of my all-time favorite/meaningful albums has got to be Zao's "Funeral of God", one of the great Death Metal albums imho.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
No...

But 1 of my all-time favorite/meaningful albums has got to be Zao's "Funeral of God", one of the great Death Metal albums imho.

I'll have to check that out...
linkin park
i think im the only one who listens to their songs deeply
i think other people do too
I know it's a friggin' huge album, but The Wall by Pink Floyd just tears me to shreds and puts me back together with every single listen. The emotions of every single song are just so immense, and the story is just heartbreaking.
The Devil and God are Raging Inside of Me by Brand New captures the sinister side of youth so perfectly. It's just insane
Quotes from other UGers in your signatures that talk about how good you are suck donkey schlong.
Quote by PurpleDinosaur
Anything by The Mars Volta.

Big fan of Jodorowsky? There is nothing more difficult to understand than Frances the Mute. I'm convinced it's about Omar's relationship with his mother, which explains the title, the fact that there are plenty of references to when he dropped out of highschool and lived in Boston, and the references to Jodorowsky movies that involve mothers, like, "All my arms bled me blind." But no one takes me seriously.

I'm the only person in the world who can truly understand this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vziUC1IT0wo
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by thegloaming
was my post all that bad? i think i i have a fairly well-rounded interpretation of the music i listen to, both in terms of lyrical meaning and harmonic analysis.

Yes
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by leafy
I know it's a friggin' huge album, but The Wall by Pink Floyd just tears me to shreds and puts me back together with every single listen. The emotions of every single song are just so immense, and the story is just heartbreaking.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who feels music this intensely. Good job man
Quote by MHDrunk
Yes

well, explain why.

i can understand how saying "nobody in the world understood this song like i did" could be viewed as an egocentric thing to say. but note that i said "sometimes" i felt that way, belying that i know other people do feel the same way about the music, but for the most part never hear of people who enjoy it on the same level i do.

all in all, i would say ive divorced myself from any concept of egocentrism, and therefore have done nothing wrong.
Quote by Le_Bunny
No need to get sand in your vaginas fellas it's just a question. If you don't like it go away. That goes for you too TS, you gotta expect some criticism if you post a thread in th pit.

This post could be better.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by thegloaming

yeah so, how about you?

Same
Reject Yourself-Killswitch Engage
The Arms of Sorrow-Killswitch Engage

Soothsayer-Buckethead
Sail on Soothsayer-Buckethead

Dying in Your Arms-Trivium
This World Cant Tear Us Apart-Trivium

All very special songs to me, one way or another...
Quote by thegloaming
well, explain why.

i can understand how saying "nobody in the world understood this song like i did" could be viewed as an egocentric thing to say. but note that i said "sometimes" i felt that way, belying that i know other people do feel the same way about the music, but for the most part never hear of people who enjoy it on the same level i do.

all in all, i would say ive divorced myself from any concept of egocentrism, and therefore have done nothing wrong.

Something about this post reeks of pathological narcissism

The St. Anger album
Brand News - The Devil and God are Raging nside of Me

Bell x1 - In Every Sunflower (Never have i had such trouble listening to a verse in a song than i've had with the last verse in that song, it is amazing)
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

+ 10 for the St Anger positives. Its an excellent album!
And Mastadon's Crack The Skye i have a soft spot for. We Don't need to Whisper by Angels and Airwaves got me through some tough times.