I'm not really sure what to do. This has happened before and I sort of gave up on guitar for a few weeks and then got back into it. I've started mucking about on my keyboard and drum set latly and found I like playing both. Obviously it takes a bit more than just messing about every once in a while to get good at piano/keyboard but it would be great to get better at both.

However, guitar is really my main instrument and I'd like to get back into it. I use it as my main instrument when song writing (even for parts that are played on instruments other than guitar) and I've spent a lot of money on my rig.

Any suggestions?
if you mean that you dont feel like your progressing at all, try something new. learn a little bit about jazz or classical or some genre you dont know much about
Quote by guns_rosesldb
if you mean that you dont feel like your progressing at all, try something new. learn a little bit about jazz or classical or some genre you dont know much about

I need some strings and a new cable so I think we I go to pick those up I might get a book. Jazz sounds like a good idea. Maybe of they have a book on song writing or something too...

Hmm, thanks for the suggestion
Hey man.
The most important thing is to never give up, I had the same thing once.
What you should do is go over the stuff you already know, fill in the missing parts and move on to the next step according to your skill, and it's be better if you follow a certain method or style, get the hang of it THEN try something else, it's not that good if you keep changing stuff without real improvement.
Yea one more thing,this is not about talent or some almighty gift !!! This is about practice, study, and practice.
You could just stop playing for a week or two. During this rest you should just listen to some stuff and write down what you want to do.
Internet radio stations that you can find through Winamp's online services (they are free of course) The shout-cast radio in Winamp is a good way to just browse through radio stations that just play one genre (Jazz, Blues, Metal, Classic rock, Classical ).
You never know what might come up on the radio...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄