ok,i have trouble with the stretching,i just can`t get the 9 to 14 part down,any tips? ;/ i dont have really long fingers,so its a lot harder for me i guess
Unfortunately it's a fairly long stretch, and there's really not a way around it. You just got to practice.

Oh and if your playing with your bass low thats not helping either. Try playing it sitting down or raise your strap up.
Last edited by Captain Insano at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by DzhAnKii
it`s kinda low

That's the "correct" place to have it and will help you stretch out a bit more, but like the other guy said it is a big stretch, you'll just have to practise it.
oh you meant strap hehe,when i play standing the strap is not low,i thought you were talking about my thumb on neck,yeah im practicing while sitting till i`ll get it,yup thats the way i play like in the picture above,kinda almost can get the 14 note,only the wrist hurts really bad ;/
Quote by DzhAnKii
oh you meant strap hehe,when i play standing the strap is not low,i thought you were talking about my thumb on neck,yeah im practicing while sitting till i`ll get it,yup thats the way i play like in the picture above,kinda almost can get the 14 note,only the wrist hurts really bad ;/

Then it's just a practise thing then, I couldn't play it worth shit when I first tried it now it's disgustingly easy for me.
Spider scales will help immensely if you have smaller hands. Make them part of your regular routine.
Even the dude from Rammstein cant play this while standing up, you just gotta practice. I dont have that large hands/fingers either, but I eventually learned to play it flawlessly
Baaaaaaazz
I have to admit this song got me into bass.. almost 4 years of experience later and I still can't make that stretch properly .
the stretches are annoying but see once you learn it, im not joking its possibly the most fun song to play.One key thing is Reidel plays it sitting down live think he even plays it when he crowd surfs in the dinghy if they play it

so sitting down might help while playing/learning this and it takes a lot of practice.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
ummmm...maybe a dumb suggestion, but if you cannot stretch that far why wont you tap it?
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
its quite a stretch, but i never had any problem, because of my freakishly big hands, but i tell you something, playing it on a fretless is one hell of a challenge in itself, you gotta keep all the notes held down perfectly.

i'd say just practice it, and just stretch between fret 9 and 14 across the strings, so muscle memory kicks in and you can do it easier.
i'll agree with the raising the strap or sitting down. if i play it while standing up i have to have my strap scarily high. i also move my finger on the 11th fret - d string as close to the actual fret as possible without buzz. it also helps i have an extremely weird knuckle. or put simply, practice. it really is the only way imo
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Why dont you just move up a position?
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Umm why don't you move your hand? do you have to keep the 9 held down for something? or you could get a 5 string with a high C and play the 9th fret on the C. Or as stated above, tap it.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by fatgoogle
Why dont you just move up a position?

it's kind of important to keep all three strings ringing at the same time.

it's what makes the bassline so perfect.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
..Bob Barker isn't dead.

Quote by The_Casinator
Nothing is impossible if you're on acid!

Quote by Holy Katana
What if the NES breaks? WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?