Hey UG

I'm thinking of getting lipstick pick ups for my strat. I've been looking around and the only 2 I can find are ones by GFS and Seymour Duncan. Does anyone have some experience with these pick ups, are they any good, or should I try getting another brand?

Thanks

Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
Danelectro makes em, but I don't know if they sell seperately.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
I've got the duncans in a strat. They're ok, but I definitely prefer a good set of regular strat pups, especially something like Kinman noiseless.
Want: EH Deluxe Memory Man, Warmoth Strat, Budda Superdrive 45
I've seen your planned setup once... and hated it, honestly.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Seymour Duncan's lipstick pickup (SLS-1) is designed for the Danelectro guitars. I think you'd have to custom cut the pickguard, and you might also have to do some routing of the body, depending on how the body is presently routed. I am sure they are good (Duncan makes good pickups), but I've never heard them in a guitar. Unless you are looking for the classic Danelectro sound, I'd stick with more traditional Strat pickups.
Quote by FatalGear41
Seymour Duncan's lipstick pickup (SLS-1) is designed for the Danelectro guitars. I think you'd have to custom cut the pickguard, and you might also have to do some routing of the body, depending on how the body is presently routed. I am sure they are good (Duncan makes good pickups), but I've never heard them in a guitar. Unless you are looking for the classic Danelectro sound, I'd stick with more traditional Strat pickups.

False.

They're strat pups. No modding required. They just go into a regular strat pickguard...

SRV used something similar in a few of his strats (you can see em in his Live at Montrieux Vids).
Quote by bullets34
False.

They're strat pups. No modding required. They just go into a regular strat pickguard...

SRV used something similar in a few of his strats (you can see em in his Live at Montrieux Vids).

this. if SRV could get good sounds out of them, so could you. although i think his are tele lipstick rails. not sure though.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by bullets34
False.

Duncan's website says they have a custom pickguard-mounted version for the Strat, but otherwise, they are "For original Danelectro, Silvertone or other instruments that use the original-size Lipstick tube pickups."

I'm just quoting what they say. If the pickup fits in a strat without modification, great.
SRVs were from a Dan, with the guitar made by Charley's Guitar Shop here in Dallas.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Quote by FatalGear41
Duncan's website says they have a custom pickguard-mounted version for the Strat, but otherwise, they are "For original Danelectro, Silvertone or other instruments that use the original-size Lipstick tube pickups."

I'm just quoting what they say. If the pickup fits in a strat without modification, great.

Sorry for the confusion, they've got (I think) two types of lipstick pups. These:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/stratocaster/vintage/lipstick_tube_f/

are for strats, and what I've got in mine.

They sound ok. Fantastic for blues, but they get a bit raspy when distorted. I think I'm gonna replace them with an Eric Johnson set or some Kinmans.