Anyone need some spares for a 1GHz+ Aluminium PowerBook G4? I have a working motherboard from a 1.33GHz machine and a top case that will fit most 15" models (same with the motherboard).
The motherboard came out of my current 15" G4 PowerBook when I upgraded to 1.5GHz and is mostly working, but it has one failed RAM slot, a common problem with the AlBooks. This means it has a 1GB memory limit, but if your laptop's died, this board will revive it. The clip on the keyboard connector is also broken, but the connector still works and the cable can be safely wedged in. I will say that it's been out of the machine for a while, but it was handled very carefully and would be packed well for shipping anywhere in the UK. Looking for around £60.
Specs:
-1.33GHz G4 processor
-No RAM, max 1GB
-Radeon 9700 64MB graphics
-All usual ports - USB, DVI, Firewire 800/400, TV Out

The top case was part of another upgrade I did to my current G4. It was originally a backlit case, but its cosmetic condition is mediocre - it could use some cleaning and painting. It includes the keyboard (fully working), but you will need to supply your orange connector cable for the trackpad and power button. It is also missing a screw mount, but this isn't a serious problem. Looking for £30.

I will get shipping quotes upon request. Photos will also be made available on request; I'm in a lecture at uni at the moment and do not have my camera. PM me any questions. I want these sold soon, so if there's no interest, I'll eBay them. Just thought I'd give UG the option first

Not interested in trades but prices are negotiable. Buy both and I'll combine shipping costs. I have a 100% eBay record and am on the trusted sellers list here.

Thanks,
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Oh yeah, just to clarify the casing, it *was* backlit, but I removed the fibre-optics and LEDs in order to fit it to my original top case, which was in better cosmetic condition, so there are some remnants of tape and glue on the underside and under the keyboard, but it's in usable condition.

Sorry for double post,
Rob

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000