Hi,

Im looking for a little practice amp to use in my bedroom, and a amp that when needed, is able to get heard over a drummer when jamming.

I have reasearched a bit, and i have come to the conclusion that its probably gonna be either Vypyr 30 watt or Roland Cube 30x.

Im mainly going to use it for metal or such, but i play alot of plain rock to.

Which one should i get? Youre welcome to recommend a better amp if there is one for the money, theese were jut the two i think looked pretty good.

Thanks in advance .
I have the Cube 30X, and whatever people tell you about modelling amps/practice amps, that they are crap, etc. is false with it. I reguarly jam with another guitarist and drummer, and It is easily heard over them at about half to 3 quarter volume with half gain. I too had to make this decision, but the negative reviews of the Vypyr scared me away, even though it seemed more versatile then the Cube30X. The Cube is still a very versatile amp and is durable and sounds great for its size and price. I've known people who use it live with a mic on it. You can play anything on the Cube30... awesome clean channels through to crushing distortion, particularly the Metal and R-Fier amp models.

I like the cube 30, but I cant really vouch for the Vypyr.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
the vypyr 30 is more suited to heavy rock and metal, i personally would get the vypyr, but the cube is also good but it doesn't have as much versatility as the vypyr
Quote by wellsy411
I have the Cube 30X, and whatever people tell you about modelling amps/practice amps, that they are crap, etc. is false with it. I reguarly jam with another guitarist and drummer, and It is easily heard over them at about half to 3 quarter volume with half gain. I too had to make this decision, but the negative reviews of the Vypyr scared me away, even though it seemed more versatile then the Cube30X. The Cube is still a very versatile amp and is durable and sounds great for its size and price. I've known people who use it live with a mic on it. You can play anything on the Cube30... awesome clean channels through to crushing distortion, particularly the Metal and R-Fier amp models.

I like the cube 30, but I cant really vouch for the Vypyr.

Yeah, the thoughts on the Vypyr seems really mixed, and indeed that is pretty scary.

But if its true that the Vympyr handles Metal and Heavy music better, i really dont know what to get.

Can the Cube handle bands like Metallica? (Master Of Puppets, Seek and Destory, and so on..)
The vypyr can sound really good if you spend ALOT of time with it, or are VERY experienced with amps. The cube is very versatile and a good overall amp
I have a Cube 20 and the gain isn't too bad on it. I can't say it's nuts but it can do the job. I wound up buying a EHX Metal Muff for the amp which took the pedal very well. I would not question the amps durability and construction, the thing is built like a tank. The damn thing survived a trip to a not so friendly environment.

I tried a Vypyr and was not disappointed at all, I just felt like I'd be paying for a lot of things I'd never use. It did have more gain on tap than the Cube, I'll give it that....whereas the Cube would maybe need a pedal depending on what you want.

I dunno, I'd suggest trying them if you can.