I had noticed a while ago that when i would whammy my bridge, my nut would make a "crack" noise, i thought it was because it was new, and the nut had to get used to the new strings
I bought the guitar in the end of july, the problem persists till today
It was so annoying that i decided to check what was wrong with the nut, so i stood my eyes on the side of the guitat neck, next to the headstock, and i noticed that when i use the whammy bar, either down or up, my nut is moving, in the directions you can see below

I thought it was a serious problem, and since i dont know how to fix it, i thought you UGers could give me a hand
Actually my Ibanez does the same thing (or did, it's "out of order" at the moment).

Anyway, I would like a solution for this too, you're not the only one with that problem TS.
Quote by szekelymihai
im sorry but i found your thread title totally amusing
and for your problem if i were you id take it to the doctor

D:
take your "lock pads" off, in other words, remove all 3 screws completely and take off the metal bits that lock the string, then you will see 2 screws that fasten the locknut onto the neck, tighten them. Put it all back together

depois malha como um doente!!
I know exactly what's happening, this happened on my KV2.
If you take the locking nuts of, and tighten the screws, does at least one of them tighten infinitely? Like it never stops and becomes tight?

Exact thing which happened on mine. I put it to a guitar tech, he thought he'd fixed it and gave it back, it broke again though.

Took it back to him, he's currently fixing it, and he's certain he knows how to. He was telling me he takes a new bit of maple, drills holes for the screws in it and puts it there, so if it works I shall tell you.
Above post may or may not be true.
Last edited by kurney at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by kurney
If you take the locking nuts of, and tighten the screws, does at least one of them tighten infinitely?

This happens to one of my screws
then the hole has stripped and become loose. YOu can take it to a guitar tech or you can try a home fix. I split a matchstick (or toothpick {um pallito LOL}), put it in the hole and screwed it all in again. That helps tighten the screw again.

either works, obviously a tech would work out better because they would probably build in or glue in a piece of wood.
Quote by guidothepimmp
then the hole has stripped and become loose. YOu can take it to a guitar tech or you can try a home fix. I split a matchstick (or toothpick {um pallito LOL}), put it in the hole and screwed it all in again. That helps tighten the screw again.

either works, obviously a tech would work out better because they would probably build in or glue in a piece of wood.

as porcarias que se conseguem fazer com palitos... obrigado pah
Just take it to a tech if you know any? I'm not sure how the "guitar scene" is in Portugal, but I live in a pretty remote place, and I found one.
Above post may or may not be true.
Quote by kurney
Just take it to a tech if you know any? I'm not sure how the "guitar scene" is in Portugal, but I live in a pretty remote place, and I found one.

What guido told me to do worked out