Basical im trying to get close to the tone of TBDM solos, what effects are being used to get that kind of tone like the tone on the solo in Necrpolis, or black valor?
I guess how do i get a good melodic deathmetal solo tone is an easier way to put it?
Im using a vox ad100vt-xl modelling amp with a boss ge-7 in the loop, and a schecter C-1 classic with sd jb in the bridge and 59 in the neck.
Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot thanks for any replies
lets see, because it's ryan knight doing the new solos i'd guess youd need a high gain amp with pushed mids and a maple fretboard and a hint of reverb
The vox is a high gain modelling amp i have a maple neck on my C-1 classic but a rosewood fingerboard, and im not trying to nail the tone completly just trying to get a good melodic death metal type sound,
It sound like theres something more there than just a hint of reverb idk but thanks for the reply!
Quote by Guitar Skater
lets see, because it's ryan knight doing the new solos i'd guess youd need a high gain amp with pushed mids and a maple fretboard and a hint of reverb

The maple fretboard doesn't really matter. I don't think a lot of people can hear the difference between rosewood, ebony or maple fretboards.
I have that same amp (but the 30 watt version). I use the "fluid" channel with the neck pickup for my solo tone. That should be somewhat close...or at least a place to start.
Well its a pretty token solo tone, it defiantly has a more American high-gain sound to it, you would probably be safe with some sort of "recto" mode on your amp? im not sure what the xl series labels their high-gain model. Other than that he has a hint of delay and reverb, but just a hint, and theres also a harmony track for the solo as well, so you may need a harmonizer to nail it perfectly. For a solo like that your tone will truly come from the amp and your fingers.... its gonna take some work.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by WtrPlyr
The maple fretboard doesn't really matter. I don't think a lot of people can hear the difference between rosewood, ebony or maple fretboards.

Yea i know i my other guitar has an ebony fretboard and my C-1 is rosewood i hear no difference, but back to my question what effects are being used if any?
To me it sounds like theres some kind of harmonizer or something idk, ive never really messed around with many effects to know.