i dont rly know about effects pedals what distortion would u recommend in the $50-$100 range?
A pretty safe bet that has a pretty dynamic amount of tonal capabilities is the Boss MT-2 Metalzone.
I've been using this pedal for the past 4 years and has never let me down, its a pretty amazing little box.
Another one to consider would be the Muff series, the Big muff or little big muff are both great but not capable of high gain. They are however really popular and electro-harmonix has an amazing track record
Those are my 2 distortion pedals in my rig and they work great!
Quote by eyebanez333
What amp do you have? What kind of tone are you looking for? (bands, genres, etc.)

ill hav a b52 half stack by jan 25 til then i have a spider 3 30 watt, im not extremely happy with the built in distortion so a cheap stomp box will be fine til then, i try to get an extreme thrash, death metal sound, so kreator, sodom, possessed, death, carcass, bolt thrower, destroyer 666, slayer, ect...
Quote by swampie
I'd say Hardwire TL-2. Also why did you make 2 threads?

stalker lol, to get a reply pronto
If you're getting a B52 then I don't really see why you need a distortion pedal. That amp is one of the few tube amps I've played, it sounds badass.
Quote by dunkintate
stalker lol, to get a reply pronto

That's not how it works.....that's breaking forum rules.

Just don't do it again unless you wanna get hit with the ban hammer.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
yeah if you're getting a tube b-52...you won't need the distortion pedal. If you need one to hold you over...just look for a used one online somewhere. Metal muff maybe?
sorry i didnt know that was a rule, i just want a cheap distortion pedal til then
Dude, I would recommend something that you would want to keep EVEN AFTER you get your tube amp, get a Barber Dirty Bomb. I know it won't really sound too great through a spider but through the B52's clean channel it will sound killer. Just $100 US. Handwired boutique true bypass and all that sorta stuff
Quote by TubeAmp89
Dude, I would recommend something that you would want to keep EVEN AFTER you get your tube amp, get a Barber Dirty Bomb. I know it won't really sound too great through a spider but through the B52's clean channel it will sound killer. Just $100 US. Handwired boutique true bypass and all that sorta stuff

That's a great suggestion.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
my buddy might sell me his seymour duncan twin tube mayhem for cheap onece I get the half stack but thanks for that sugestion
Last edited by dunkintate at Nov 5, 2009,