As I understand it I can just connect my Zoom muliteffekt to my stereo.

My speakers are built using Dayton 15" IB, Dayton Reference 7", and magnetostatic drivers for the top.
I biamp these with enough power to be able to play uncomfortably loud.

Would there be any advantage to building/buying a separate guitar amp over just using my stereogear connected to the Zoom?

Most of the time I'll use headphones w the Zoom, since I live in an apartement.
If you like the sound you're getting...I say stick with it. But if you ever get into a band situation...you might need to invest in an amp.
guitar amps are tailored to guitar frequencies, where as your stereo is full range. a guitar will almost always sound best through gear designed for the guitar.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by eyebanez333
If you like the sound you're getting...I say stick with it. But if you ever get into a band situation...you might need to invest in an amp.

I doubt I'll get into a band, just started playing again fo the first time in a few years and I'm 34.

Should I ever get into a band situation, I'd probably build an amp.

My stereo speakers are -3dB @ 20Hz and goes to about 18-19khz.

Sound through stereo is amazing, but I need to get a better bridge PU than the stock passive Yamaha.
Well it sounds like you're set on using the stereo, but if you compared your Zoom effects through a stereo to a proper 1x12 combo tube amp or really good modeler it'd be a no contest.
Quote by chea_man
guitar amps are tailored to guitar frequencies, where as your stereo is full range. a guitar will almost always sound best through gear designed for the guitar.

In my experience(huge in hifi, low in guitars etc), it's always good to have a bit of headroom in both directions (highs and lows), but maybe you mean that you get unvanted tones w fullrange speakers?
Quote by GURREN LAGANN
Well it sounds like you're set on using the stereo, but if you compared your Zoom effects through a stereo to a proper 1x12 combo tube amp or really good modeler it'd be a no contest.

I'm not set on it, but I think a good tube amp combo is probably expensive(good tube gear in hifi is anyways).
Quote by lukane
I'm not set on it, but I think a good tube amp combo is probably expensive(good tube gear in hifi is anyways).

Not really, the AC4 costs about the same as most modelling amps. And some modelling amps are pretty good nowadays.