Page 1 of 3
I wonder if there's another universe identical to ours where you escape all your problems and just live peacefully there......what do you guys think?
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
If you find out a way to get there you let me know.
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
if the universe is truly infinite then there has to be another universe exactly like ours, somewhere else. then many many others with subtle differences, such as your wearing a different shirt or other little things

im not making that up, i saw it on the nat geo channel like 6 months ago
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Try heroine.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by rtfk101
if the universe is truly infinite then there has to be another universe exactly like ours, somewhere else. then many many others with subtle differences, such as your wearing a different shirt or other little things

im not making that up, i saw it on the nat geo channel like 6 months ago

but if our universe is infinite, surely there is no room for more universes?
There's a theory of Parallel Universi (is that correct? Meh...) that are exactly the opposite of ours.
So if you make a choice in this universe, you choose the opposite in the Parallel one. So if you die, you'll live and such...
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Sometimes girls say that too...
Last edited by CheezMeUp at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Heroin.

No... heroine >.>
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Adamtbh

i used the wrong wording, i meant space in general is infinite
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by CheezMeUp
There's a theory of Parallel Universi (is that correct? Meh...) that are exactly the opposite of ours.
So if you make a choice in this universe, you choose the opposite in the Parallel one. So if you die, you'll live and such...

Wow this is confusing stuff....
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned for respecting my opinion and politely disagreeing.
You're probably the most respectful person in the Pit.
Quote by Kensai
No... heroine >.>

Nothing beats doing a heroine... >.>
Quote by Snowblind 911

maybe it's because of your description, or the fact that it's 1:30am here, or both, i can't stop giggling.

Quote by CheezMeUp

But wouldn't only baby's who are born dead here be alive there?
in other words, would the mayority of humanity be born dead?
Quote by ultimate-slash
But wouldn't only baby's who are born dead here be alive there?
in other words, would the mayority of humanity be born dead?

Think about it, the sperm would have never left the penis, but would have shot itself in the exact opposite direction in high speed.

So you blast off your own balls with cum...
Quote by Snowblind 911

Quote by Killer Bob 912
I wonder if there's another universe identical to ours where you escape all your problems and just live peacefully there......what do you guys think?

Canada?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by CheezMeUp
Think about it, the sperm would have never left the penis, but would have shot itself in the exact opposite direction in high speed.

So you blast off your own balls with cum...

and every undevelepod spermcell who didn't go through the penis will be developing inside the woman's womb...

that's an atombomb made of human cells you've got there
Think about every single option a concious being has ever faced in the history of the universe (or ever will be faced with). Now think that there could (a) be a universe for every single one, with one of the alternative solutions picked each time (b) there can also be a universe for every possible combination and (c) whatever outcome shall lead to more options that aren't present elsewhere, so the process is constantly fueled. Then we get (what if that pebble rolled down a hill, hitting a deer making it run into a road and causeing a car crash...the possibilities are endless. There could even be universes where those universes were destroyed!
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by CheezMeUp

It's called the multiverse theory (note: so far it has not been proven and has more enemies than supporters). Basically, quantum physics says that particles can exist in superpositions of mutually exclusive states, until measured and the superposition collapses to one state (eg. Schroedinger's cat being dead AND alive until checked when he is either dead OR alive). The multiverse theory states that each of these mutually exclusive states actually exist in separate parallel universes and depending on which one you measure you get that result. Scaling it up, essentially it means that you're leading several lives in parallel of which some may be worse and some better.
dude there is only one paralles universe, the cowboy universe were everything is just the same except they have cowboy hats.
Quote by Metallisuck
dude there is only one paralles universe, the cowboy universe were everything is just the same except they have cowboy hats.

In all seriousness though, this is truly some mind blowing stuff.
JAMC
An opposite universe doesn't exist.

Think about it for a bit until you get what I mean by that.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I just go to the bar.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by osXtiger
An opposite universe doesn't exist.

Think about it for a bit until you get what I mean by that.

got a strong point there...

But if it could exist, hypothetically speaking off course, wouldn't an opposite universe be the opposite in everything our universe is, thus having no opposites, so that means we don't exist...

and wouldn't dividing by zero actually have a plausible outcome?

and would the girl from Tokio Hotel be Chuck Norris?
Quote by Jackal58
I just go to the bar.

this

though the multiverse theory has no paradoxes so, it might be a feasible explanation for most things.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by lyonk55
Think about every single option a concious being has ever faced in the history of the universe (or ever will be faced with). Now think that there could (a) be a universe for every single one, with one of the alternative solutions picked each time (b) there can also be a universe for every possible combination and (c) whatever outcome shall lead to more options that aren't present elsewhere, so the process is constantly fueled. Then we get (what if that pebble rolled down a hill, hitting a deer making it run into a road and causeing a car crash...the possibilities are endless. There could even be universes where those universes were destroyed!

So, does this basically mean that every action you perform throughout your entire life inevitably results in the death of an alternate version of yourself?
Quote by PeZ546
So, does this basically mean that every action you perform throughout your entire life inevitably results in the death of an alternate version of yourself?

Kill them all before they kill you!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Kill them all before they kill you!!!!!

What's more, I've just realised that there's probably another me in a parallel universe who's screwed all the hot bitches that I never got to!
I walk, I walk alone
To the promised land
There's a better place for me
But it's far, far away

Everlasting life for me
In a perfect world
But I gotta die first,
Please god send me on my way
Quote by PeZ546

Or their action which resulted in their death saved you in this universe. We should be thankful for their hypothetical sacrifice!
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
it's called weed.

EDIT: DAMN, Kensai beat me to it
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Last edited by Rancid Ivy at Nov 5, 2009,
Quote by Adamtbh

Infinities aren't the same. Infinity is not equal to infinity. Example: The number of points between 1 and 1.1. There's an infinite amount, (1.1, 1.01, 1.001, etc), vs. the number of points between 1 and 1000.
Quote by Kapps
Infinities aren't the same. Infinity is not equal to infinity. Example: The number of points between 1 and 1.1. There's an infinite amount, (1.1, 1.01, 1.001, etc), vs. the number of points between 1 and 1000.

that made my head hurt...

how can there be an infinite amount of points between 1 and 1.1?

that would mean youd never reach 1.1?
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by food1010
My mind is officially blown. That was amazing.

that one talks about 10...but apparently theres 11, with the 4th being time

that video has 9 dimensions plus the 4th (time)

im not too sure what the 11th is though...because if the tenth is everything that could ever happen ever, then the 11th...is...super string?
you brought a hooker to church?
wow, i thought this thread would be bombarded with chili peppers references by now.
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Theoretical physics, eh?

I always get smarter in these threads.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 3