Hey chaps!

I'm a fan of buying new but i've got a dilemma.

I'm selling my Orange rockerverb 50 for at least £800 and my Laney VC50 for at least £300

I've been offered a mint condition JVM410H, under a year old and never been gigged for £575, considering they cost £930 new I'm saving £355

£1100 of orange + Laney - £575 leaves me with £525 which is almost enough to get me my American deluxe stratocaster / american deluxe telecaster.

Only thing I lose out on is the warranty of the marshall

So what do you guys think? Go for the second hand head or buy new but have less cash for the fender
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
the Marshalls are pretty reliable I believe, so that should be ok, but IMO you could find something better. You could find a used JCM800 from the 80s for only a little more than that
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1986-Marshall-1959-mkII-Super-Lead-JCM800-Head_W0QQitemZ120478292980QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item1c0d10dbf4
Only 1 channel and the cleans on the JVM are awesome!
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
It sounds like a good deal, but you really have to make sure you love the JVM. I would personally take a Laney VC15 and Orange Rockerverb 50 over a JVM any day of the week, but it's your gear br0.
Quote by sharpant
Only 1 channel and the cleans on the JVM are awesome!

They made several models of the JCM800, not all were single channel.
I think used is the way to go.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Go for it dude, the key with the JVM is not to put the gain past 12 o'clock on any channels. If you do that, it's a killer amp, if you don't like it look into a 2203 and put and O/D in front of it and you'll have a better sounding amp than the JVM IMO and you'll have a bunch more usable gain.

There are two really great demos of both amps on YouTube, the guys username is WolfStatic.
Last edited by thrasher. at Nov 5, 2009,
Well I've sold my Rockerverb for £880 and my Laney VC50 for £320

I've agreed a deal for a MINT JVM410H for £550

The rest of my cash will be going on an American strat or tele.

Considering selling my RG550XX Anniversary as i never play on it due to the trem

Expect a NAD from me relatively soon. My custom fireman should be done VERY soon as well
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 7, 2009,
i thought the orange had "tone"?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh the orange has amazing tone. Excellent amp. Just the voicing is wrong for my tastes.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
ah, ok.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i love my american deluxre i would do the deal so you can havce 2 sick pices of equipment

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I played the JVM for the first time today and I've got to admit, that is a nice amp. Although I only liked the green and orange channels for both clean and OD. The red's were trying too hard IMO.

Seems a pretty good deal if you're getting an amp & a guitar out of it though.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Just done some additions and I'll have £900 left over after buying the JVM.

Oh, i've already bought everyone Christmas gifts as well

JVM410H
Orange 2x12
PGM301
RG550
Custom Ibanez Fireman
American Deluxe Strat

Should be my rig by around Xmas

People who think the JVM is crap should really check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmTr-6Xh9fE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZH1IivStFg&feature=related
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Nov 7, 2009,
So i just played on my Rockerverb for the final time. What a great amp, such a shame it doesn't suit me.

The only two negative things about this amp FOR ME are

- Can't get that classic rock tone out of it, think AC/DC
- Not quite tight enough for me

Aside from that the amp is incredible, the person who has bought it off me is a lucky guy. all original packaging, footswitch included and in mint condition.

All I have to say is hello to EL34's again
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12