Hey UG. I'm looking at buying this red epi explorer, but I'm slightly concerned about it's legitimacy. I've never seen an explorer with a "spike" in the middle of the back end like this one has, and I'm not sure if it's just a model I've never seen, or if someone did a really bad job at copying. Has anyone ever seen this model?

It sort of looks like someone took a jigsaw to the back to make it more "Brutal."
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Looks fake to me. I've never seen an Epiphone or Gibson Explorer with a contour on the lower horn, or that spike and shorter, more pointed horns on the bottom of the guitar.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.
Never seen that one myself, but the body style looks all wrong. Gibson has been known to rape the Explorer body style though, i.e. the Futura. The back end of the body looks a little to Explorer knockoffish (looks more like a Dean Z or ESP EX style to me) to be an Epi or Gibson, I'd be weary of it.
Quote by Shabadoo
Never seen that one myself, but the body style looks all wrong. Gibson has been known to rape the Explorer body style though, i.e. the Futura. The back end of the body looks a little to Explorer knockoffish (looks more like a Dean Z or ESP EX style to me) to be an Epi or Gibson, I'd be weary of it.

The Futura came first.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
The Futura came first.

The Futura was made before the Explorer? You sure about that?
The Gibson Futura was an electric guitar which was the precursor of the model introduced as the Explorer.

From Wiki.
Yeah, I'm sure.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
From Wiki.
Yeah, I'm sure.

Well how about that, I still think it's ugly as sin though.
I don't think it's a beast the Beast looked more like a traditional Explorer. It's a real Epi though they sold those for a while in the late 90s. When they were all over the floor at either Guitar Center or Mars Music I tried lots of them and they were pretty dam good and inexpensive IMO. Nice feel to the neck the sound/tone was very good and the pick ups really performed well with a very good sound quality. I have seen several of these used pop up and priced in the $250.00 to $300.00 range. I am pretty sure they were exclusive to one of the stores either GC or MM. One of those stores had an exclusive line of Epis I am more thinking Mars Music.

BEAST:

Epi in question:

I think it's something other than a beast but I can't find any info.

John